I was playing a tourney

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When opening a raise raise with similar hands, few are counting on 3bet, and moreover they are not going to call him.
You are a little lucky with the flop: you have an overcard, a flash draw and three cards on the street. I think you often play such hands and I'm a little surprised by the lack of a blocking bet. You have already decided to go all the way. Your question is purely rhetorical. Of course you went all-in, caught the nuts and hit a huge pot. Otherwise, a heroic fold, after half of your stack has migrated to the bank, would not have impressed anyone.

B

brucesmall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea preflop don't mind a raise or fold, but have to fold to 3bets when oop.

On the flop I don't mind the shove, but getting called by better and never by air... so in this spot, usually if I'm deeper I might just check call the flop, and barrel or in this case lead out all in on the turn. So if by chance your opponent has a weaker pair or slightly better hand than you, you can get folds.... once that flop comes you're committed, sometimes taking an alternative route can generate more chips and some folds.... say if he has JJ and K or Q turn comes and you jam turn he's going to fold most likely if it's a low level player. Or QQ and K comes on turn.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
He had a couple and full control over this game.