DId i play this hand bad?

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the freeroll 20fpp $1000 guarnateed.

Raised k9 suited mid position to 3x BB.. Villain raises 5x BB.. I call.. Flop comes 4KQ, I check, VIllain raises 120.. I re raise 340, he calls.. Turn comes Queen, I put him on the queen but re raised all in as I had a low stack if I lost.. He called and had QJ..

Before this I didnt call an all in with A7 suited.. Good in a freeroll? As player A had 55 and player B had K3os.. I woulda won with ace then flush..

Cheers

hotwings18

hotwings18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
why would you stack yourself if you thought he had you drawing dead to another King. ever heard of a chip and a chair?

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean stack myself.. put all my chips in? Obviously im not pyscic but I was pretty sure he had the queen.. And I dont wanna play a freeroll with a short petty stack right at the start..

D

deumsac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before this I didnt call an all in with A7 suited.. Good in a freeroll? As player A had 55 and player B had K3os.. I woulda won with ace then flush..

Cheers

I'm not one to know much about your first scenario, but this scenario it looks in hindsight like you should have called, but A7 isn't a good hand to call all-in with considering players A and B went all in already. If you had a chip lead, maybe you could gamble, but it doesn't seem good to me. My friend advised me to not call two or more people all-in without a pocket pair QQ KK or AA, or AK only situationally (ie low chip stack). Anyways, that's just what I would say, but I'm a fish, so my opinion isn't valuable :D

T

thetrimguy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first off youplayed that absolutely horrible Ihave absolutely no idead why you would raise wityh K9 mid position the only way i woudsee doing that would be if you were on the button in an attemp to steal the blids and second the first time he reraised you you should have smart enough to relize thatyou were beat and another thing ifthe buyin was 20fpp then it was not a freeroll

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first off youplayed that absolutely horrible Ihave absolutely no idead why you would raise wityh K9 mid position the only way i woudsee doing that would be if you were on the button in an attemp to steal the blids and second the first time he reraised you you should have smart enough to relize thatyou were beat and another thing ifthe buyin was 20fpp then it was not a freeroll

It is a freeroll as it isn't a cash buy-in it's FPP's, it's probably equivelant to a dollar tourney.

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well I wasnt beat so how does that work?! And an extra 60 chips saved when ive put in 90 isnt worth it when my stacks 900.. Or am I looking at this all wrong.. He was a loose player aswell so I was pretty sure I had him beat unless he had AX ..

It was mid to late position aswell so only 3 players till the cuttoff..

B

BlackJack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
k9 was def not the hand to play here to a 5x reraise.

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldnt it be +EV to call an extra 60 chips tho when Ive already put 90 in though.. ANd he was a loooosee player.. Say I had AK, I woulda called.. the outcome would have been the same right?

BDDP

BDDP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think k9 is that great of a starting hand in any situation with multiple reraises. The only time to reraise with k9 is in late position (button or cutoff), if no other or maybe one weak player has limped into the pot. An initial raise of 3-5x the bb should be enough to push everyone out of the pot, if you get a call, then that should be a yellow light...since all the other player will have to act before you, any significant bet should be a redlight!!! get out of the hand!!!!!, cut your losses, save your chip, chair and prayer for another hand.

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know K9 isnt a great hand! Can someone actually analyse the hand for me ie was my raise after the flop good? Should I have just called? What..?!

hotwings18

hotwings18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
once you say you put him on a queen you fold.... people are so bad in these types of tournaments that you can double up to your original amount. there is no reason to play this marginal and easily dominated hand for your tournament life

hotwings18

hotwings18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
can you give more detailed info.... what level, what your stacks were, what the blinds were, etc.???

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was very early in the tournament.. I had 900 chips... Blind were only 30 but its a turbo so I wanted to double up.. He had just won an all in pot with 55 the hand before.. I should have folded I know but post flop my raise should have put him off the hand!
His stack was double mine...

hotwings18

hotwings18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
So right now you have 30 BB's and you just won a pot. I believe here you made a mistake and decided to play this hand because you just won the last hand. K9 suited or not is not a good hand to raise the blinds with because it is not worth stealing the blinds at this point. You can only lose during the first hour or so of a tournament. As long as you gain about 10-15% of your starting stack every two levels or so then you will be fine.

In this case you are out of position on a loose player who could have called you with such a wide range of hands. For all you know he could have two pair or a set. You cannot take chips from a donk when you do not have the best hand. If you felt that he had a Q then you should have folded because you only had a 5% chance of winning the hand and hitting another K. Having the mentalitly that you "have" to double up with 30 BB's is not only wrong but nieve. Pick better spots to increase your stack and dont fault the other person for taking your stack.

THIS WAS A BAD PLAY NO IF's AND's or BUT's.

-hotwings18

S

salami1212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok. just played another freeroll, this time 10fpp.. waited for my spots.. stupid stupid strategy.. im sorry but it iss.. Ended up with 4 BB, blinds at 250.. Raised 1 place before the dealer all in with 3BB, KQ suited.. he had 22 and hits a set.. All because i waited.. You cant play tite in a freeroll, just doesnt work

hotwings18

hotwings18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
well when you lose all your money and dont have a bankroll then dont complain on here i guess. you can play loose aggressive if you want but you cant complain when your marginal hands get beat

H

highway26776

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the freeroll 20fpp $1000 guarnateed.

Raised k9 suited mid position to 3x BB..

Cheers

I would have to agree with a few others . About here is when I thought yes THIS IS A BAD PLAY . weak hand to raise ... cant say how i would play it cause i would never end up in a situation like this ...just my thoughts :)

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unless K 9 is one of your lucky hands, I think you should have folded when he raised you 5x BB. :rolleyes:

At that point even if you have him beat, you could sense you would probably be All in by the river.
Tournament on the line with K 9.
Some play it.
icon11.gif

Some don't.
icon7.gif

I would have cut my losses and folded at that point.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Better Luck next time.

icon6.gif

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
let me ask you a question if you were playing a 200 dollar buying tourney would you call a reraise with k9?o_O i think people need to learn that it dont matter wat the buyin is you should always do the best and if you claim you knew he had the queen why push>? k9 suited good hand for a call to see a flop but not for a raise and diffinity not in mid postion just my opinion ur reraise post flop was good tho.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You didnt play badly until you put him on the queen and still went all-in that was a really bad move. And you shouldve played the A7 hand its a decent hand.

R

RA2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not raise K9... Just fold it.
Why do you play such hands?!
Bad hands, bad moves.....

motyennif

motyennif

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Save your money in both instances. Maybe raise K9s pre-flop if you were first to act in middle or late position but to call a re-raise is taking a real chance - fold instead. With regard to calling an all-in with A7s, this is also taking a chance - fold as well - this way you wouldn't have seen the river which caused you to be upset and maybe influenced your decision.

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, K9 suited isn't really a starting hand you would want to raise with. The player called you and this should of worried you, pairing your King but with a not so strong kicker. I don't really understand how you would put him on a Queen. If anything, you had to assume he had a King but a better kicker. You just happened to be right here, and luckily. Otherwise, you would be kicking yourself to why you even played that hand.

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising with k9 in freeroll is asking for you to be eliminated. If anything call a raise with k9. Then you overplayed your top pair. He could still have aces and your playing right into him. Then you go all in with possibility of trip queens so I can understand y u are only playing freerolls. I hope I play with you on actual money tables if you ever place in a freeroll which is doubtful

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands