Did I make the correct fold here?

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 5+0.50 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t2700)
MP1 (t2030)
Hero (MP2) (t3260)
CO (t1400)
Button (t1190)
SB (t3180)
BB (t1410)

Hero's M: 43.47

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 10
heart.gif
, 10
spade.gif

UTG calls t50, MP1 raises to t200, 5 folds, UTG calls t150

Flop: (t475) 5
heart.gif
, 5
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, MP1 bets t300, UTG calls t300

Turn: (t1075) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks

River: (t1075) 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks

Total pot: t1075

Results:
UTG had 2
club.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
(full house, fives over twos).
MP1 had K
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, fives).
Outcome: UTG won t1075

Im about 3-4 hands into the table, so no reads or such.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you folded preflop? i'd prob call in position...

T

thetrimguy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say that you should have at least called the flop now if you folded the bet on the flop then i would understand but i would say that you played this wrong in that case i would have put them on exactly what they hade A? vs small pockets so the q on the flop would have told me that i was prob ahead with 1010

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The blinds were 25/50 - so 3BB bet, I would have put them on a bigger pair then what I had.

N

necoloschi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
would be nice to have paid to see the flop, then act as the actions of oponentes.A position was not so bad, shame worth paying because the bet was not high.:confused:

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The blinds were 25/50 - so 3BB bet, I would have put them on a bigger pair then what I had.

I certainly would have called pre-flop. You don't include any reads on these players so I'm wondering why you assume they have to have a bigger hand than 10s to make a standard pre-flop raise.

However, if you had called, you'd have had quite a tough decision after the flop...

C

checkoutcardschat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have reraised. no way to really know where you are without it.

Probably 2's would have folded (or call/folded after flop). If AK calls then outplay after the flop (i am negative sometimes but i don't worry as much if a Q comes out versus an A or K). If AK goes all in then its a matter of whether you can stand the heat of a race that early in the tourney (to me it depends on the tourney cost vs my bankroll). Of course he could have you dominated (JJ, QQ, KK or AA) but those "cooler" situations are going to happen and we must live with them.

Tens are scary as shit when someone calls you but keep in mind that he/she could just as easily be doing that with 99, 88 or lower.

Best of luck.

Folding in Poker