I have one for ya

A

admb0m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a MTT with 37 out of 225 player left and I raise middle position 5x bb($500) with AKo. Only the bb calls. We both have around 6,000 chips. The flop comes 7C 9s Ah. BB leads out 1,000 in chips and I put him all in. BB shows K7 spaded and catches runner, runner spade to put me out. Was it dumb to play as I did. The tourny only paid 27 places. If I win, I'm sitting pretty to go deep into the money. Instead, I get to sit and fume.
I can maybe understand the lead out/ probe bet, how could he call the all-in? He wasn't short stacked or anything like that. We both had average stacks.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a MTT with 37 out of 225 player left and I raise middle position 5x bb($500) with AKo. Only the bb calls. We both have around 6,000 chips. The flop comes 7C 9s Ah. BB leads out 1,000 in chips and I put him all in. BB shows K7 spaded and catches runner, runner spade to put me out. Was it dumb to play as I did. The tourny only paid 27 places. If I win, I'm sitting pretty to go deep into the money. Instead, I get to sit and fume.
I can maybe understand the lead out/ probe bet, how could he call the all-in? He wasn't short stacked or anything like that. We both had average stacks.
Based on the info you supplied, short of any reads you had on him, you played it fine and just got unlucky. Maybe he put you on a re-raise steal with a big pair and not an A or an outright bluff, I guess. Either way, LOL @ K7 calling all-in. You got your money in good, keep it up.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As JD said, nothing wrong with your play, the other player was an Idiot.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As stated above you got your money in with the best hand. Stuff happens.