i guess i'm lucky now?

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had 88 raised to 245 (40/80) on the button 4 people left in 6 handed sng.
i was in 2nd, and the chip leader called from the BB.

The flop 5s As 5h

He bets 80, i was gonna smooth call if he made a real bet, but minimum is a joke. i raise to 510. And he calls.

the turn 2s .....at this point i know he either has an Ace, 2 spades, or a 5.
he checks this time....as do i.

And the river is an 8d....he bets 1000, and im all in. he calls and shows J6 of spades. (thats when the fun starts.)

He went on and on about how much BS that was. People at the table were saying you sure are lucky, while i'm sittin here thinking.

I raised pre flop with the best hand,
I raised the flop with the best hand,
I checked the turn with the worst hand,
And i got all my chips in on the river with the best hand.

i typed this to these 5 dollar rookies and they still didn't understand. asking you guys did i not play it to perfection? i mean yeah the 8 hit on the river, and b4 that i was sold that i was beat on the turn. which i was.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a silly hand simply because the villian shouldn't have been in the hand to begin with. however, after the flop you are a 60 40 favorite. only slightly ahead. on the turn you are like a 90 10 dog. i think you played the hand well. i think you could have gotten the same result out of a slightly smaller bet post flop. you slowed down when you thought or had the feeling that you were beaten and put the screws to him when you knew you had him beat.

may i make a suggestion though. please put these hands in a converter so they are easier to read. or just copy and paste from your own hand historys. thanks.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a silly hand simply because the villian shouldn't have been in the hand to begin with. however, after the flop you are a 60 40 favorite. only slightly ahead. on the turn you are like a 90 10 dog. i think you played the hand well. i think you could have gotten the same result out of a slightly smaller bet post flop. you slowed down when you thought or had the feeling that you were beaten and put the screws to him when you knew you had him beat.

may i make a suggestion though. please put these hands in a converter so they are easier to read. or just copy and paste from your own hand historys. thanks.

i really never checked the hand history b4 the other day, so i know nothing about it all i know is i went to the folder to try to get the hand and saw like 30 hands from like 6 months ago. any suggestions?

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you talk about never shoulda made this post. lol in my last 2. SNG, the shortstack on the bubble all in with A8 vs 66. board 77 99......6

satelite, sb moves in on my bb ...my KK vs his 99 ....board... x,x,x,x....9 ....

2 outed on the river 2 tournies in a row.beautiful. (the A8 dont count tho cuz it was a coin flip i guess)

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like you played it well. You preflopped bet, bet on the flop, He checked on the turn, as did you when you may have had the worst hand. youu got the nuts on the river well done.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brilliant! Every chip he put into the pot, he put in when he was behind. the only street he was ahead, he didn't put anything in?

Hopefully he was directing his "BS" comments to the site, and not you - if you are pushing a hand, you make your own luck if you hit at the end.

No point wasting time putting idiots right though, you know the saying "don't tap the fish tank". Just type "lol" and get on with the next hand.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching the wsop, day 4 (I think) Phil Hell mouth finally started losing it, and sound just like your villain here.

You played that particular hand perfect, your villain played it almost as bad as any hand can be played, ever, anywhere, and then gets pissy with the poker gods?

Do consider the possibility that your villain was not really berating you so much as he was railing the fates, but it came across as a slam against you. I only offer this suggestion because understanding it helped prevent me from tilting to some chumps tirade several years ago and improved my game.

S

sketchpad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's always somebody that plays anything suited, or worse refuses to ever give up their bb, like this guy....sure you hit a nice river but he's got no reason to complain...he's just mad that he never should have been in the hand, he got lucky, then he loses a hand he never should have been playing...
keep lookin for those ones

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couldn't fault you in the slightest. Bloody perfect. Just add him to your 'Fish List' an hunt him down regularly ;)

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats just perfect play... u played it correct in the way as if you knew his cards... well done

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watching the WSOP, day 4 (I think) Phil Hell mouth finally started losing it, and sound just like your villain here.

You played that particular hand perfect, your villain played it almost as bad as any hand can be played, ever, anywhere, and then gets pissy with the poker gods?

Do consider the possibility that your villain was not really berating you so much as he was railing the fates, but it came across as a slam against you. I only offer this suggestion because understanding it helped prevent me from tilting to some chumps tirade several years ago and improved my game.

Apparent?