ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$55 Early Battle (Pko) $10K Gtd

Hi guys, please help me analyze the below hands! I hit the set of 5 on the flop and folded it on the river when the villain next to me shoved all-in to my raise. I folded it since I sensed that he got the flush and was watching this guy play. He never shoveled without the nuts considering how deep our stacks are. Is it a bluff or a good fold? I want to vomit after folding my set of 55 and losing a lot of stacks. (22 players left)

pokerstars, $50 + $5 - Hold'em No Limit - 1,200/2,400 (280 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

KaL1pS0 (UTG): 55,790 (23 bb)
k8ldykbala (UTG+1): 29,885 (12 bb)
EsotericPlay (MP): 56,686 (24 bb)
Sjaaakiii (MP+1): 51,590 (21 bb)
Chrichris96 (CO): 118,181 (49 bb)
eskil-rk (BU): 61,440 (26 bb)
ramorleans (SB): 111,217 (46 bb)
plsc0meagain (BB): 124,572 (52 bb)

Pre-Flop: (5,840) Hero (ramorleans) is SB with 5 5
5 players fold, eskil-rk (BU) raises to 4,800, ramorleans (SB) calls 3,600, plsc0meagain (BB) calls 2,400

Flop: (16,640) 5 Q 2 (3 players)
ramorleans (SB) checks, plsc0meagain (BB) checks, eskil-rk (BU) bets 5,491, ramorleans (SB) calls 5,491, plsc0meagain (BB) calls 5,491

Turn: (33,113) J (3 players)
ramorleans (SB) checks, plsc0meagain (BB) checks, eskil-rk (BU) bets 10,927, ramorleans (SB) calls 10,927, plsc0meagain (BB) calls 10,927

River: (65,894) K (3 players)
ramorleans (SB) bets 41,936, plsc0meagain (BB) raises to 103,074 (all-in), eskil-rk (BU) folds, ramorleans (SB) folds

Total pot: 149,766
plsc0meagain (BB) wins 149,766

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are back (15 remaining)

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
considering the range of hand in the bb i think the fold was correct

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Stacks are a bit awkward to 3-bet, so I guess, calling is fine.

Flop
I lean towards check-raising this flop, since there are draws, which they can have, and you can represent.

Turn
As played I guess, its just a call now and then evaluate the river, depending which card comes. Another club is clearly bad, a board pair is good.

River
I dont understand the logic behind leading out now after slowplaying the flop and turn? As played I think, this is a clear spot to check-call and get to showdown. So most of all I would never be in this spot, because I would never play the hand like this. But as played I think, the raise of BB looks pretty strong, given that he still has BTN left to act behind him. But with that being said you are getting better than 4:1, so you only need to win 20% of the time. And I dont think, you can completely rule out, that BB might have a hand like KQ, which he think, he is raising for value and to get a chance to win your bounty. Or that he occationally find a bluff. So as played I close my eyes and call it off.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with Fundiver above on most points. I do think, though, this hand plays better as a 3 bet and with villain starting the hand with 25 BBs its a perfect stack to 3 bet attack as we can easily fold to any 4 bet here thinking that a 4 bet would be a jam. Sometimes we forget as players its okay to 3 bet fold especially if we have a hand like this and are out of position. I dont think calling is bad by any means here its just I think 3 betting is better. The one very good thing about calling is that BB most likely will continue as well and as long as they dont squeeze we have a nice opportunity to set mine. Again, I think from a button open that could be wide 3 betting pre is more +EV.

On the flop a check raise is a must here. If button has nothing then you wont get anymore by just calling anyway. There is a trap element with regards to the BB but I think the draw board outweighs the trap positives and its much better to check raise here. Draws from button will call anyway (which is what we would want) so they are probably only folding with air which is fine since they would not be putting in another bet off their stack depth. Based on their stack they call a raise or jam over with a lot of Qx too so I dont see a reason not to check raise here.

Turn is horrible since we could be behind now or at the very least it is an action killer. Maybe button is has some Ax with A of clubs that they would continue with but mostly this is bad. As played this is a check call as you do here.

On the river it makes no sense to me to lead here and to lead as much as we lead. Our hand is kind of a bluff catcher but just very high up on the bluff catcher spectrum so leading here just makes all worse hands fold and better hands jam over us. There is a flush and a straight draw out there so I would just check here and then see what happens. I wouldnt be all that mad if it went check check behind me either. As played its a rediculously bad spot since villain could raise here with 2 pair (not sure how likely that is but possible) so there are some things you are ahead of but you are also way behind a lot now too. Comes down to what we know about villain but I think I would fold here much more often than I would call there after getting raised.

Not trying to be overly critical but I think you could have 3 bet pre, you definitely should have check raised flop, and the lead on the river is a really bad move because you corner yourself against a better hand but make all worse hands fold outside some potential 2 pair hands like KQ or KJ.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The fold is quite correct. However, this hand should check-raise the flop. And one more addendum, if you play only with the intention of having fun, beautiful! But if you play with the intention of being profitable, look into playing micro tournaments. I've seen your game, it's pretty bizarre and honestly you won't be able to make a profit playing this avg buyn. So here's my tip for you, try to play the micros, I think you can't beat the micro field either, but studying and dedicating yourself you'll increase the limits according to your evolution, but if you play only with the intention of having fun, ignore my suggestion and always gl at the tables my friend.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
U beat only a few hands i think u did a correct fold i think is hard to fold that i think u only beat A 3 A 4 with a the A of clubs but in generalni thibk u did a good job folding i dobt know what i would do there

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt be all that mad if it went check check behind me either.
Exactly. Its ok to do some pot control and not always play for all the chips, where ICM is in play, as it is here. What is definitely not ok though is to put in more than half your chips with a very strong hand and then fold to a raise. Once you put in that much, you have committed yourself to the pot, and it changes nothing, that the opponent jam. You should have anticipated already, that this might happen, before you made a bet, and if you are not ready to call it off, then you should not make the bet in the first place. Maybe Hero can block the river by betting something like 20-30% pot, but I am not loving that play either, because then he has no idea, if he induced it, if he get raised.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$55 Early Battle (Pko) $10K Gtd

Hi guys, please help me analyze the below hands! I hit the set of 5 on the flop and folded it on the river when the villain next to me shoved all-in to my raise. I folded it since I sensed that he got the flush and was watching this guy play. He never shoveled without the nuts considering how deep our stacks are. Is it a bluff or a good fold? I want to vomit after folding my set of 55 and losing a lot of stacks. (22 players left)

PokerStars, $50 + $5 - Hold'em No Limit - 1,200/2,400 (280 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

KaL1pS0 (UTG): 55,790 (23 bb)
k8ldykbala (UTG+1): 29,885 (12 bb)
EsotericPlay (MP): 56,686 (24 bb)
Sjaaakiii (MP+1): 51,590 (21 bb)
Chrichris96 (CO): 118,181 (49 bb)
eskil-rk (BU): 61,440 (26 bb)
ramorleans (SB): 111,217 (46 bb)
plsc0meagain (BB): 124,572 (52 bb)

Pre-Flop: (5,840) Hero (ramorleans) is SB with 5 5
5 players fold, eskil-rk (BU) raises to 4,800, ramorleans (SB) calls 3,600, plsc0meagain (BB) calls 2,400

Flop: (16,640) 5 Q 2 (3 players)
ramorleans (SB) checks, plsc0meagain (BB) checks, eskil-rk (BU) bets 5,491, ramorleans (SB) calls 5,491, plsc0meagain (BB) calls 5,491

Turn: (33,113) J (3 players)
ramorleans (SB) checks, plsc0meagain (BB) checks, eskil-rk (BU) bets 10,927, ramorleans (SB) calls 10,927, plsc0meagain (BB) calls 10,927

River: (65,894) K (3 players)
ramorleans (SB) bets 41,936, plsc0meagain (BB) raises to 103,074 (all-in), eskil-rk (BU) folds, ramorleans (SB) folds

Total pot: 149,766
plsc0meagain (BB) wins 149,766
View attachment 338051
Hello, ramorleans! I will say merely: by my opinion, You did a Good Fold! Because on this board at once have the several combinations,
what stronger your set... Yes, and else: I don't think, that your opponent did bluff in this situation... But this only my private opinion!
And Good Luck in Future!

Folding in Poker