I Flop A Straight Flush!

LuckyShark777

LuckyShark777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt Poker Game #2015632570: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (15105088), Table 1 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:27:45 ET - 2007/03/18
Seat 3: LuckyShark777 (2,840)
Seat 8: etothez (5,998)
Seat 9: FloppyD (4,662)
FloppyD posts the small blind of 30
LuckyShark777 posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LuckyShark777 [8d 9d]
etothez calls 60
FloppyD is feeling confused
FloppyD calls 30
LuckyShark777 checks
*** FLOP *** [5d 7d 6d]
FloppyD checks
LuckyShark777 checks
etothez bets 60
FloppyD folds
LuckyShark777 calls 60
*** TURN *** [5d 7d 6d] [9s]
LuckyShark777 checks
etothez bets 180
LuckyShark777 calls 180
*** RIVER *** [5d 7d 6d 9s] [Kd]
LuckyShark777 bets 660
etothez folds
Uncalled bet of 660 returned to LuckyShark777
LuckyShark777 mucks
LuckyShark777 wins the pot (660)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 660 | Rake 0
Board: [5d 7d 6d 9s Kd]
Seat 3: LuckyShark777 (big blind) collected (660), mucked
Seat 8: etothez (button) folded on the River
Seat 9: FloppyD (small blind) folded on the Flop

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice!!!

Do u not think a smaller bet on the river would have got a call???

About 150 chips?

LuckyShark777

LuckyShark777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was praying he was chasing a high card flush and he would put me on a staright or something not as good as his hand...guessing he didnt have anything..but im still happy

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definately better to go small on the river, partly for value, and partly to try to induce a bluff coming over the top.

LuckyShark777

LuckyShark777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definately better to go small on the river, partly for value, and partly to try to induce a bluff coming over the top.

hey thanks for the advice! ill remember that

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise flop

I wouldn`t !!!

I would reraise the turn, if anything. Probably min raise. If he folds here, he was never going to call a raise on the flop anyway - I doubt.

Having said that, I would have raised 1/4 pot on river, but everything else, IMO, I would have done.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make it like 150, just so you can bet more on the turn or river, and yes I think he calls a small raise like that w/ anything he is betting with

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet smaller; the Ace flush is coming over the top no matter what you bet anyway, a straight almost always lays down, and the Q flush may often lay down to this bet too. I prefer a bet of ~200-240.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have tried to nudge the pot up a bit more on early streets to be honest. If you're down to 3 and it's still 30/60 i wouldn't have thought it was the tightest game ever played, so i'd have stuck my neck out a bit and hope he'd stay on the hook (mixed metephors!). The King of diamonds was a bitch of a card for you, but if you were pushing earlier in the hand opponent would be more inclined to think it didn't help you. I dont agree with everyone saying bet less though, you should make big pots with good hands and small pots with bad hands. You only need to get 1 call in 4 to make a 660 bet a better play long term than a 150 bet.

Lafaena

Lafaena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise flop. If he is drawing and he probably are ,he is calling a small raise anyway. If hes got a 7 or something like that your not getting paid anyway.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
, and yes I think he calls a small raise like that w/ anything he is betting with

how about if he is betting with air?

I don't think he has to have a hand to bet at this pot, I believe hero was in the big blind so he could of been betting with 2 overs and you have to give the villain a chance to catch up so you might get paid off a little.

I think the turn is where you bet and hope he has the 8 for the straight then value bet the river or do a bet that looks like a blocking bet and try to induce a bluff.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NH

I think because that 4th diamond came out there, that the other player(s) got scared @ your river bet. I think a smaller one would have been a better choice. Maybe 200 or 250 something like that.....that 4th diamond you should be pissed @ lol. NH though

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
um whats your BR at now that you're playing $11 SNG's?

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how about if he is betting with air?

I don't think he has to have a hand to bet at this pot, I believe hero was in the big blind so he could of been betting with 2 overs and you have to give the villain a chance to catch up so you might get paid off a little.

I think the turn is where you bet and hope he has the 8 for the straight then value bet the river or do a bet that looks like a blocking bet and try to induce a bluff.

if he was betting w/ air then you weren't gonna get paid anyway. what do you think if you give him a free card and he hits a pair of kings or something he's just gonna magically stack off to you?
terrible. this is small stakes... bet bet bet

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he was betting w/ air then you weren't gonna get paid anyway. what do you think if you give him a free card and he hits a pair of kings or something he's just gonna magically stack off to you?
terrible. this is small stakes... bet bet bet

when does playing for entire stacks come into play, no of course not but I do think that if he does hit the K he would bet more and you could price him in. hell he could hit a set or 2 pair on turn and pay you off a little trying to fill up. There are alot of cards that could cause you to get more paid off then pushing hard and just having him fold.

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have bet somewhere bet 120-180 on the river to get him to call. It is better for him to call than just winning the pot on the river with no one calling it.

Full Flush Poker