I feel as if I just played this wrong

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so i have 910s. I limp in. Min raise(240). I call another caller. I am in MP. Flop comes 6s8o8s. First to act goes all-in for like 1,406. I call with flush, straight draw, and possible straight flush draw. Next guy after me goes all-in which puts me all-in. Both these players where in the blinds pre-flop. I really wanted to call but I thought hey just maybe one flopped an 8 and other a boat. So I fold to see he has 58o. Lo and behold, my 3rd heart did come on turn. Now I am not result oriented. But I had a lot of outs. But only if he didnt have a boat yet or doesnt hit boat. Was this a good play by me cause 3-way or bad play by me? Should i of just commited and pushed on flop before other guy could of pushed me out. Please any input is appreciated. I feel like i just messed this tourney up big time cause could have huge chip stack now. But I mean would it really of been worth the call with my tourney life on the line. IDK.

EDIT: I messed this up. the original short stack shover was BB. The other was OTB.

Last edited:
R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, I see you are from Mt. P. I am a CMU grad, so go chips!

To the hand, I would need to know your starting stack size to get a better feel. I hate putting a large piece of my stack in on a draw in tourneys. I understand you also have the straight draw, but it's a gut shot, so your total outs are 13, assuming no one has a better flushe draw or a FH. If the original allin represents more than 25% of your stack, I am highly considering folding with someone left to act. But as played, I am ok with your fold. With the 3rd to act going all in against an allin and a call, he at least has an 8, if not 86 or 66. Worst case he has the nut flush draw and is squeezing, so you are almost always in a tough spot.

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I roughly had about 9K starting in the hand. Called the one guys all in for 1406. Then the other guy came over the top to push me all in. Yup move out here from Carrolton, went to HS in Hemlock :)