How would you play this hand?

1royalpain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was big blind. I hand pocket 3's. No one raised so I checked. The flop was 9h Ac 3d. No one bet. I bet $100. I got raised $300. I called. The turn was a ten. I bet $100 again and got raised and $300. I called. The river was a nine. I had $200 left so I bet it all in. I lost of course to a nine/ace full house which I was okay with. A Good Hand. But everyone said I should not have played the hand. Would you have played the hand. Or should I have just went all in on that flop. Thank You 1royalpain

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But everyone said I should not have played the hand.

These people were idiots. You were allowed to play for free from the big blind, and hit a huge hand which got sucked out on. I would suggest going all-in after getting raised on the flop, or calling the flop and betting something like 800 on the turn.

1royalpain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How would you play this handd?

Ty for the in put. :)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Include stacks sizes, reads and blinds. Without them it's hard to give any type of analysis.

Read me

H

HustLaGFX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should have went all in after he raised you on the flop. It was highly unlikely that he had a bigger set considering he limped preflop. Your set would have been great against his A9 on that flop. Of course that wouldn't change the fact that you lost this hand, but going in with the advantage will help out in the long run. So yeah, you should play that hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands