xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Situation: 18 left in a freeroll on ACR with 10 players cashing. Blinds are 750 and 1500 with 150 ante.
Stacks:
SB: 6800
BB: 24750
1: 36000
2: 22000
Villain: 133000
Hero: 68000
5: 8800
6: 24000
Button: 55000

1 and 2 folds, the villain min raises, hero calls with Ad 7s, button calls everyone else folds. Flop comes 7d As 8d. Villain min bets 1500, Hero raises to 5000, button folds, Villain pushes all in.

Background info: Hero has a tight aggressive table image but Villain arrived at table approx 5 hands ago and has been involved in every pot since he came to table but hasn't showed down a hand due to either pushing everyone out of pot or folding.

You are the hero, do you call or fold and why?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy call, you will be behind only against hands AA 88 77 A8, against other hands you far ahead..

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant fold here,call all day and go for it

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great flop, what more do you want, get it all in.
Although, the only thing that would make this particularly memorable is .... you got beat. (I'm guessing AK and he\she rivered a K.)

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EZ call.

You're way ahead in this spot most of the time. Especially in freeroll tourneys.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call.

But knowing he will smash river b/c you can't run worse on ACR :p haha

C

cursed989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd simply fold this preflop, lol. A7 off, from middle position and with even a loose raise behind you? I'm a ghost in that hand.

But, if we have to see the flop first - call for sure.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That's exactly what I thought. I should have folded preflop but the table was running so tight because it was so close to the bubble that I had opened up my range a lot before the chip leader got there. So I was in and of course I called and he had 88 for a set and I got knocked out once again within a few players of the final table. I have made it to the top 20 in 32 of the 45 freerolls I have played on but have yet to make a final table. I guess my problem is that I don't mind going against super loose players when I have a strong hand (I was against a chip leader a few days before who pushed all in on 12 straight hands..and either everyone folded or his rags knocked someone out every time...I had 38000 in chips and had KK from the CU in his BB and he called me with Q7o and flopped a 7 and turned a Q to knock me out as the bubble boy)...this has been very frustrating because I also play a few small buyin tourneys and I play the $25 GTD On Demand quite often and I final table most of those. I just can't seem to be one of those guys who sits and waits for the bubble to burst to make the final table. My philosophy has been to try and chip up off of those people who are going to sit and wait it out. I know there are different strategies for different levels but I find that it's very common online, no matter what level, for the huge chips stacks to get very loose at the end. I have very rarely been in the position to have such a dominating chip lead (as I said, the villain in this hand had nearly twice my chips, and the guy with the Q7 v my KK had over 200k to my 38k)...but it seems to me that this strategy would cause a big stack to hemorrhage chips in most situations (like playing Q7 v KK)...thoughts?

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situation: 18 left in a freeroll on ACR with 10 players cashing. Blinds are 750 and 1500 with 150 ante.
Stacks:
SB: 6800
BB: 24750
1: 36000
2: 22000
Villain: 133000
Hero: 68000
5: 8800
6: 24000
Button: 55000

1 and 2 folds, the villain min raises, hero calls with Ad 7s, button calls everyone else folds. Flop comes 7d As 8d. Villain min bets 1500, Hero raises to 5000, button folds, Villain pushes all in.

Background info: Hero has a tight aggressive table image but Villain arrived at table approx 5 hands ago and has been involved in every pot since he came to table but hasn't showed down a hand due to either pushing everyone out of pot or folding.

You are the hero, do you call or fold and why?

As is the call is an easy one if you ask me, however this last part "Hero has a tight aggressive table image" this would be great if you were playing a buy in of significance, however in a freeroll nobody is paying attention to anything but the cards in front of them.

theboss

theboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since you flat called that raise this is the flop you are expecting to hit. If you plan to fold that flop you should not call preflop. so easy call there

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre. Flatting A7 vs an EP open is suicide unless you had specific reads on your opponent that he was a LAGtard.

As played, ship it, yo.

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Wouldn't be folded after flopping two pair not in a freeroll not in a $5 mtt two pair dominates so many hands