How to get maximum value of this hand?

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post flop is fine here. You can't always get value if they don't have anything. I think you should just be folding pre-flop though. There's no reason to open a suited 1-gapper from UTG+1.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre, it's early and there isn't any value in playing a hand this early on from EP let alone minraising it.

Bet the flop, it's a fairly wet board and people are more likely to call this flop with a wide range of hands since stacks are so deep. You are losing value by checking 60bbs deep and also allowing your opponent a free card.

Turn sizing is fine.

River sizing is too large, we have concluded our opponent does not have a strong range of hands that get to this river with how passive he played the hand. A bet of 200 or so will induce more calls here, betting 320 just scares off your opponents bluff-catching hands.

A

aolguin3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Trent and dnegsisabrg are right its seems like an easy fold.
Betting on the flop might have given you some more money or check all the way and put him all in on the river you might win big if he has those clubs or a pocket pair which I don't think he did tho. Probably he had just AJ or so because I think he did call thinking his high card was good.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre

bet flop/turn/river try to get the monies in

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think play is fine except pre.

Postflop, perfectly executed.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre

bet flop/turn/river try to get the monies in

I usually doing that betting in some other hands like this one but most likely if you bet on the flop they will call you even you bet 3/4 the pot but suddenly if you C-bet again on the turn they usually fold. He got only A-10off on this hand, maybe if I bet on the flop, maximum of 3/4 the pot and he call that's the only money I can get (110-165) coz he will surely fold his A-10off if I C-bet on the turn. If you take a look the hand again, instead of gaining only 110-165 chips from him if I bet on the flop, I gained more 320 chips on river coz I only check on flop, bet turn/river.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes in this one case vs the specific hand you may have made the most money possible. However we never play vs the players specific hand, we play vs his range of hands. So if he has a value hand that isn't good enough to raise, we lost a street of value, If he has a draw that airballed on the river, we just lost a street of value. And while it might not happen, the possibility remains that he can hero call two streets and fold or call the river with his AT, so we could have theoretically made even more in this spot, as unlikely as that might be. But the main value we get here is from second best hands (unlikely) and from draws. all of his JT QJ AK type hands that will call at least to the turn/river to chase and see if they hit.

It's almost always best in these low level games to just play very exploitably and very simply. So we flopped a hand here, i'm betting close to pot on all streets and trying to get the chips in by the river. weather or not that is the BEST play for this specific situation vs AT is irrelevant, we have to play vs his range which includes tons of draws and overcards, 8x. It's a pretty clear bet on all streets imo.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands