How many times does this happen to you?

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a sng and the blinds are 50/100. 6 players left. I'm short stack with 545 and in the sb. Cards to me Kd 3d. 3 outta the 4 fold 1 calls and I call,bb checks. Flop is: Qh 6d 10d I bet 200 and the bb calls third person folds. Turn: 8d--all in, bb calls and shows cards. He has Ad 2d:eek:. The river was Qd
Now I gotta add that I was down to 45 chips earlier because the same person took me down on the river( I had AK and an A showed on the flop and he went all in and I called he had A 10. No help turn and then a 10 last card. Funny game this poker thing.

C

chunkbot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you were short stack, I figure he just took the chance to knock you out without much investment. It happens all the time (both giving and receiving).

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this the correct play to semi-bluff with 4 to a flush?

ascott11

ascott11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldnt advise chasing a flush when ur small stack. if u are u want to get all ur chips in with a gd set of cards pre flop. the good thing is most of the time the big stack will call with a marganille hand

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a sng and the blinds are 50/100. 6 players left. I'm short stack with 545 and in the sb. Cards to me Kd 3d. 3 outta the 4 fold 1 calls and I call,bb checks. Flop is: Qh 6d 10d I bet 200 and the bb calls third person folds. Turn: 8d--all in, bb calls and shows cards. He has Ad 2d:eek:. The river was Qd
Now I gotta add that I was down to 45 chips earlier because the same person took me down on the river( I had AK and an A showed on the flop and he went all in and I called he had A 10. No help turn and then a 10 last card. Funny game this poker thing.
You were in a simple push/fold situation here, and if you chose those cards to play, then you should have pushed PF.
But why you chose K3 is beyond me, suited or not, there are just too many hands that beat you PF.

T

TheHoag57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has happened to me more times than I care to remember. However, I'll never fold the second nuts, especially when short stacked. If he's got it, he's got it. That's poker. There have been plenty of times when the situation has been reversed but, for some reason, they don't stand out as much. LOL

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you were in the SB why not just fold? now you have 9 "free" hands to get cards

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After the flop, the 200 bet was use less. If you're going to chase the flush you might as well gone all-in.