How badly was this hand played ?

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, there were about 35 out f 90 left, i was about 28. The BB here had been playing very tight, and he raised when he did have a hand.

In this case i bet after the turn, he raised, i thought maybe a flush draw or a Jack, so i raised again, and then he put me all-in which i unfortunately called. That reraise should have raised an alarm on me but i did no see him having the other 9. well...

Stacks:
- stevehark with 8865 - 48offsuite with 10550 - Xamlop with 7250 - uetten65 with 4910 - bushbuck with 12830 - bitER_2swalO with 4695 - adiemefc with 8280 - BustedStuff8 with 4840 - Coljung with 4535

index.pl

index.pl

Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to Coljung:
5d.gif
9h.gif

Preflop:
* - uetten65 calls [200]
* - Coljung calls [100]
* - stevehark checks
* - Folds: 6
* - Potsize: 600
Flop:
js.gif
9s.gif
9c.gif

* - Coljung checks
* - stevehark checks
* - uetten65 checks
* - Potsize: 600
Turn:
3c.gif

* - Coljung bets [350]
* - stevehark raises to 700
* - Coljung raises to 1,400
* - stevehark raises to 4,600
* - Coljung calls [2,935] [ all-in ]
* - stevehark shows :
ad.gif
9d.gif

* - Coljung shows :
5d.gif
9h.gif

* - Uncalled bet of 265 returned to stevehark
* - Folds: 1
* - Potsize: 9535
River:
tc.gif

* - stevehark shows three of a kind, Nines
* - Coljung shows three of a kind, Nines
* - stevehark wins the pot (9,270) with three of a kind, Nines

Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
coljung said:
The BB here had been playing very tight, and he raised when he did have a hand.
Here's where maybe some warning bells go off, but really, this is a tough situation. It's hard to put some one on the other 9.

In the future, it's best to leave the results of the hand out until there's been some discussion on it. Once you know how the hand played out, it makes it hard to make a good, honest analysis.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping PF is the biggest mistake I see.

A nitty BB suddenly coming alive on the turn there is definitely something to be scared of, but I really don't see us getting away from this hand.

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont call the bb with 5/9 offsuit in the first place...Auto-fold even if in small blind...

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont call the bb with 5/9 offsuit in the first place...Auto-fold even if in small blind...

I know, but i kept getting ugly cards, 23 53 73 82, and with only 3 of us and no pre-flop raise I thought i'd give it a chance, besides, almost at every flop someone was raising and I had not played a hand in a while.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting garbage cards is hardly an excuse to start playing garbage cards.

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read this in a previous thread and already I am seeing an example of this. Calling because you are due for a hit is just plain bad. Bad. DON'T DO IT. Just be patient and wait it out :)

If you are on a prolonged cold streak take a day or two break from poker to clear your head or else you will play bad hands and make bad decisions.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands