how bad of play was this by me?

D

drizzt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured I needed to push with something, and at the very least steal blinds.

https://www.cardschat.com/hand/5471

One guy was harsh on me about it (not the one who lost). Wanted to know if I made the right move, as I'm trying to expand my aggressive play in late stages. It was a 6+0.50 SnG no limit Hold em (Turbo)

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You were shortstacked and if you felt there was a reasonable chance
the rest of the table would fold, I see no problem with your play here.
When you add the probability of the table folding to the probability
of you winning the hand, it's over 50%

D

drizzt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I figured. I was in the BB, and everyone folded to the SB who merely called, so I figured that he had a marginal hand, and I wasn't about to wait around for better cards to shove with since blinds going up quickly. He's raised before with decent hands to steal or get a call, so I thought i was ahead

S

smokkee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a pretty standard shove but, the big stack was setting a trap with the limp from SB. if he raises, you probably fold. i see this quite often where players will limp from SB if folded to with good starting hands for deception instead of raising. you did exactly what he wanted you to do and got lucky. although, he wasn't a huge fav. he played it well IMO. be careful with SB limpers. take good notes on guys who do that.

not sure why someone who's not even in the hand cries about it tho.

G

grunta0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a bad play at all !
You have 5bbs left and are up against a limper.

Auto shove.

C

Chief_X_LRG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on how loose the SB is at this point, I would be careful shoving against the chip leader if he was loose caller. The shove would work better against the other two players since they wouldn't want to take a huge blow and risk no pay-out.

Villian chip leader limping OOP heads up, is a tricky situation.

Shoving isn't a terrible play, but you are proably a slight dog more times than not in that situation.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm shoving almost any two cards here, and certainly shoving J9. The guy ragging on you is probably just peeved that the bubble didn't burst seeing as SB limping with KQ is many times more horrible than your shove - $6 SNGs are full of people who seem to think they are pro coaches but who really know the sum total of bugger all. :)