Hitting middle pair on flop - now what?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

This is an area of my game I need to improve - I`m sure I lose too many chips in similar situations.

What should I have done and did I play it right. It was early in a MTT rebuy. Be honest guys.

gurraknurra posted big blind (20)
> Game # 558,249,697 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards
> Micke1 folded
> nige_38 folded
> enga06 folded
> moscarn folded
> Elmoro folded
> snookerballs folded
> mollymar folded
> ronaldadio called for 10
> gurraknurra, you have 10 seconds to respond
> gurraknurra, you have 5 seconds to respond
> gurraknurra checked
> Dealing the Flop(9c Qh 6h )
> ronaldadio bet for 40
> gurraknurra called for 40
> Dealing the turn(10s )
> ronaldadio bet for 120
> gurraknurra called for 120
> Dealing the river(2c )
> ronaldadio bet for 120
> gurraknurra raised for 720
> ronaldadio folded
> gurraknurra mucked
> gurraknurra wins 1,200

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see your hole cards, but I guess you flopped middle pair. You're the SB and Gurraknurra is BB? I like your initial bet, even with bottom pair I would bet out. But when he calls, you have got to proceed with caution. That doesn't mean lie down and die, anyone with an Ace or two good overcards is going to be a little skeptical; another bet is in order. Looks like you bet the pot again. I think you could have taken it down a notch and gotten the same result. But still, he called your second bet and you're OP, probably with the worst hand. The 3rd bet was a mistake. Just check and hope for the same. You may have had the best of it, but it just wasn't worth it to find out.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for that m8...

Four Dogs said:
I don't see your hole cards, but I guess you flopped middle pair. You're the SB and Gurraknurra is BB? I like your initial bet, even with bottom pair I would bet out. But when he calls, you have got to proceed with caution. That doesn't mean lie down and die, anyone with an Ace or two good overcards is going to be a little skeptical; another bet is in order. Looks like you bet the pot again. I think you could have taken it down a notch and gotten the same result. But still, he called your second bet and you're OP, probably with the worst hand. The 3rd bet was a mistake. Just check and hope for the same. You may have had the best of it, but it just wasn't worth it to find out.

Sound advice. I`m happy u think I made a few decent plays, but I was trying to represent the Q with my bet after the turn. I agree with what u had said, I would have got the same response with betting 1/2 of what I did.

I think I had 9J in pocket.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PF - fine, flop - fine, turn - fine but debatable, but you have to check-call or (far more likely) check-fold the river.

Given that this is an unraised pot, BBs range is two cards. With so little information you don't want to be comitting too many chips with such a weak hand.

T

theperni

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You flopped a pair of 9; I agree your 1st bet but BB call (no information on him? rock, calling ..... or moron?).
Turn: 10; so 2 overcards, Q&T, on table and also 2h ..... for sure now I check and if BB bet ..... depends the amount!!!
River: same moves.
:hello:

GL AT THE TABLE

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington recommends you raise 5xBB pre-flop here 50% of the time if it's J9 suited.