What do you do?

• Total voters
M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides the J10 what is your range of calling hands?

POKERSTARS GAME #7804514462: TOURNAMENT #39878825, $5.00+$0.50 HOLD'EM NO LIMIT - LEVEL III (25/50) - 2007/01/06 - 22:15:21 (ET)
Table '39878825 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: mischman (3675 in chips)
Seat 2: holdin2s (1805 in chips)
Seat 7: MrSticker66 (2515 in chips)
Seat 9: JimboJim711 (1005 in chips)
JimboJim711: posts small blind 25
mischman: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to MrSticker66 [Js Ts]
holdin2s: folds
MrSticker66: raises 100 to 150

jimboJim711: folds
mischman: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [7h 8h Tc]
mischman: checks
MrSticker66: bets 300
mischman: raises 3225 to 3525 and is all-in
MrSticker66:????

X

x-Longshot-x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides the J10 what is your range of calling hands?

POKERSTARS GAME #7804514462: TOURNAMENT #39878825, $5.00+$0.50 HOLD'EM NO LIMIT - LEVEL III (25/50) - 2007/01/06 - 22:15:21 (ET)
Table '39878825 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: mischman (3675 in chips)
Seat 2: holdin2s (1805 in chips)
Seat 7: MrSticker66 (2515 in chips)
Seat 9: JimboJim711 (1005 in chips)
JimboJim711: posts small blind 25
mischman: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to MrSticker66 [Js Ts]
holdin2s: folds
MrSticker66: raises 100 to 150

jimboJim711: folds
mischman: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [7h 8h Tc]
mischman: checks
MrSticker66: bets 300
mischman: raises 3225 to 3525 and is all-in
MrSticker66:????
With the way that the hand was played the only thing that he could have that he could be calling with would be A10 or 77/88 1010-AA or MAYBE 99 but thats about it i would think

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 poll vote, 2 replys, chris is online and this things been posted for an hour....

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real response: it depends on my reads from recent play. I'm not going to reveal my notes/reads on your previous play with me, but it would depend on both those and my reads of you from the past 10-20 hands prior to this one. I'm not voting because I don't know them.

ps what does chris being online have to do with this?

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real response: it depends on my reads from recent play. I'm not going to reveal my notes/reads on your previous play with me, but it would depend on both those and my reads of you from the past 10-20 hands prior to this one. I'm not voting because I don't know them.

ps what does chris being online have to do with this?
What would you do in general? I could care less if your notes say im a donkey too....im guessing the 10-8 bounty hand is in it?

Chris usually gives insight all the HA posts...

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you do in general? I could care less if your notes say im a donkey too....im guessing the 10-8 bounty hand is in it?

Chris usually gives insight all the HA posts...

No it says nothing about you being a donkey lol

tbh I dunno; sometimes you play serious, sometimes you play wild + for fun (see T8), so like I said it would depend on how you'd played recently for me to make a decision. With the chip stacks so big compared to the blinds, I probably fold unless you've been making moves like this consistently.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
p.s. as for my range, ignoring reads, maybe AT, definitely 77, 88, TT and probably JJ+

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it says nothing about you being a donkey lol

tbh I dunno; sometimes you play serious, sometimes you play wild + for fun (see T8), so like I said it would depend on how you'd played recently for me to make a decision. With the chip stacks so big compared to the blinds, I probably fold unless you've been making moves like this consistently.
Most of the chips came from me having QQ and kenzie busting. Ive shown a few bluffs due to the fact that i know this table is tight(and was playing tight through the hole game)

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
p.s. as for my range, ignoring reads, maybe AT, definitely 77, 88, TT and probably JJ+
So you say maybe A10 but J10 is a fold? Would i(based on pastreads and regardless of if im playing wild or 'normal') check raise a flop of that with K-10, Q-10? Whats the big difference between J10 and A10 in this spot?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the chips came from me having QQ and kenzie busting. Ive shown a few bluffs due to the fact that i know this table is tight(and was playing tight through the whole game)
I still don't know exactly what you had. But I do know that my neighborhood guess had you pegged perfectly or you wouldn't have made this an issue.

"I can see into your soul." :icon_sunn Bruce Leroy has the "glow", son.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you say maybe A10 but J10 is a fold? Would i(based on pastreads and regardless of if im playing wild or 'normal') check raise a flop of that with K-10, Q-10? Whats the big difference between J10 and A10 in this spot?

That's a good point...I kind of rushed my posts and didn't think about that much. Unfortunately I gotta rnu and shower because I'm going to meet up with my pops to get smashed, so I'll get back to you tomorrow with a legit reply.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going to bed too, Fun playing with you sticker

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still don't know exactly what you had. But I do know that my neighborhood guess had you pegged perfectly or you wouldn't have made this an issue.

14271f.jpg

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Top pair, no kicker, on a draw heavy board against an all-in ??????

THINK ABOUT IT.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know, if you want the hand this bad Misch it's yours. Don't even care if it's a stone bluff. As far as the all-in raise goes, you would have to have the nuts AND have some reason to believe Sticky was gonna call to make this anything less than a mistake. Since Sticky doesn't know, I guess you were wrong.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Misch could definitely be on a draw... if he is, we generally range from being anywhere from 60-40 ahead to 40-60 behind (we're about that far behind A9, K9, or Q9 of hearts).

Because our draw is not very good, just a gutshot, we're generally further behind the hands that are ahead of us than Misch will be behind our hands. A T with a better kicker or a T8 is 70/30 over us. 78 is 60/40 ahead. A set is obviously slaughtering us (85/15), even though that's pretty unlikely.

Basically, even when we're ahead, we're rarely ahead by much at all, and we're even behind some of the stronger draws. When we're behind we may be way behind. Absolutely no sense putting everything at risk here. Fold.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You didnt know i was going to make a big deal out of it while you were thinking about what to do?

You know, if you want the hand this bad Misch it's yours. Don't even care if it's a stone bluff. As far as the all-in raise goes, you would have to have the nuts AND have some reason to believe Sticky was gonna call to make this anything less than a mistake. Since Sticky doesn't know, I guess you were wrong.
What? I understand hardly any of that.

M

morrison10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Because of his large bet after the turn I would guess JJ, QQ, KK, or AA and possibly an Ace high flush draw

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing what I do of you, I would say you had the J 9.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand all of that. :albertein

Wow, this is the most response I've ever gotten to one of my hand histories and I didn't even post it. LOL! Now if I could just get anyone during the CC events to chat with me (besides Misch & Freak), I'd feel right at home.

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna go with Q9 or K9, at least one heart.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top pair, no kicker, on a draw heavy board against an all-in ??????

THINK ABOUT IT.

Yeah - I wasn't with my previous replies...

Misch is either making a very uninviting play with the goods (a set), or is making a play to gain control with a draw, TP or some crazy hand. He could also have an overpair, but I definitely think he's reraising PF so we can somewhat discount that. Considering stacks and blinds etc, I fold without a set or better. JT is an easy fold.

His bet is really uninviting though; I'm thinking he's making this play with A9 or a flush draw or some other hand.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what'd the donkeyfish have in the end? :)