Heads Up SNG

Slimtobi

Slimtobi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys, what do you put Slimtobi on in this spot, what would you do being kingnelis74?

***** Game number #15176497003 *****
Tournament #76922210, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2008/02/09 - 17:28:04 (ET)
Table '76922210 1' 2-max
Seat 2 (Slimtobi) has the button.
slimtobi posts small blind [10]
kingnelis74 posts big blind [20]
Seat 1 : kingnelis74 with 1880 chips.
Seat 2 : Slimtobi with 1120 chips.
index.pl

** Dealing hole cards **
Dealt to Kingnelis74 :
th.gif
:9c4:
slimtobi raises 40 to 60
kingnelis74 calls [40]
** Dealing Flop ** [Potsize: 120]
:7s4: :6h4: :kc4:
kingnelis74: checks
slimtobi bets [60]
kingnelis74 raises 60 to 120
slimtobi calls [60]
** Dealing Turn ** [Potsize: 360]
:4d4:
kingnelis74 bets [80]
slimtobi calls [80]
** Dealing River ** [Potsize: 520]
:4s4:
kingnelis74 bets [80]
slimtobi raises 280 to 360
??????????????????????????????

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys, what do you put Slimtobi on in this spot, what would you do being kingnelis74?
PF call is fine. If you're checking the flop there, you should probably just be folding to his bet. If you're seriously going to check-raise then do it, but check/min-raise is horrible. Now the pot is 360 and you bet out 2/9 of the pot? We really need to work on your bet sizing there. And your river bet is even worse. There is no way you call this ever short of having a super user account and seeing his cards. The only thing you beat here is a complete and utter bluff with worse cards than you have.

Fold.

Slimtobi

Slimtobi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well of course Im Slimtobi and reversed the HH a little. I was just shocked by his call and really suspected a super account and posted this hand here. By now I have watched this player a litlle more and realized that hes just a super donk.
Good to hear that it was an impossible call
:)

kingnelis74: calls 280
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Slimtobi: shows [3c 8h] (a pair of Fours)
kingnelis74: shows [Th 9c] (a pair of Fours - King+Ten kicker)
kingnelis74 collected 1240 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1240 | Rake 0
Board [7s 6h Kc 4d 4s]
Seat 1: kingnelis74 (big blind) showed [Th 9c] and won (1240) with a pair of Fours
Seat 2: Slimtobi (button) (small blind) showed [3c 8h] and lost with a pair of Fours

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reversed or not, I can't say I'm impressed by this play with an 83o. I think you both played that hand horribly wrong on virtually every street from both sides. With 3K chips in play, there is no reasonable way that you wind up with a 1240 chip pot and the show down hands are T9o vs 83o and no one even has a single pair.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly, the way you're posting it from his point of view and getting us to agree it was a bad call on his part suggests you're trying to say it's bad play on his part and unlucky you lost. It was bad play on his part, but your play was bad too.

Pre flop is fine. The blinds are low and it can be useful to showdown trash that you've raised from the button so your actual good hands get some action later on.

The flop bet is fine. His minraise is awful and could mean anything, but at this point you have 8 high. Why do you call this?

And why do you call the turn? If he's paired anything on the board he's got you beat, and if he holds a card higher than an 8 he's got you beat.

By the time the river comes around he's betting 80 into a pot of 520. I don't see what your raise to 360 was trying to achieve. It's now going to cost him 280 to see a 960 pot. If he's got any sort of pair he's going to call you. Yes, betting was the only way you're going to win that pot, but you really shouldn't of put yourself in this situation to begin with.

Slimtobi

Slimtobi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I shouldnt have posted the hand, as you guys are anyway not able to analyze it adequately.
You have to see that this is a heads up match and you surely know that this can create some sick dynamics based on the two players history.
All I can say that I knew from his betting that it had to be a weak hand and so I made this play.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I shouldnt have posted the hand, as you guys are anyway not able to analyze it adequately.
LOL. You absolutely should have posted this hand, it's what this forum is about. If you don't want honest input and to improve your game, then you're right, don't post. If you want honest input about some move that you thought was fancy but wasn't, then keep coming here. Go post this on certain other forums and they would tear you apart for the atrocious play in this hand (on both sides, he was no better). No one here is going to tell you how great you played a hand simply because you tried to get too fancy at a $2 HU game. All this really boils down to is that you tried to bluff with total air, got caught, are upset about it, and are looking for validation. That's like 2nd level thinking in a $5NL ring game, it really doesn't exist.

If all you wanted was to commiserate about how you lost the hand (though deservedly), the "bad beat" (though it wasn't) forum is up the page, to the left.