mellyy85:1260
pbal08: 1740

Im the dealer and raise to 60
other player calls

flop: Ks Kd 5s

pba bets 40 and i raise 50 more to make it 90 and he calls making the pot 300

turn: Ks Kd 5s 4d

pba checks i bet 150 and he calls

river: 2s pba bets 984 and i think for a while and fold guess what i had ? Ill let you know farther down and then tell me if i palyed it crappy

I had Kh 3h

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think u might have made a bad paly...not 2 make fun at all, in fact we should call all bad calls palys 4 now on :). did u ever see what he had?, was the 984 allin? (didnt want 2 do the math). I think u shouldnt hmmmm maybe ever fold 3 of a kind. :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the betting (without knowing your normal play from a bar of soap), I guessed you had A5... in which case there was a decent chance you were beat on that board (either by a third K on the flop, or the flush on the river)

With the third K in your hand though? I dunno, the fold might've been a bit conservative. The 984 was enough to put you all in but left him with about 500 behind, right? You'd probably want to have a better read on the player to tell if that was a bluff, but it smells like one to me.

M

Mvemjsunpx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that was way too conservative.

You flopped trips. Trips in heads-up play are a monster, even with a weak kicker.
It's exceedingly unlikely he has a better King. The worst realistic case is a flush draw.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Other question is, even if you didn't have a read on him, did he have a read on you? What was your table image like?

If he'd got a read that you could be pushed off pots when you've got a marginal hand (the pair of fives, for example), he's more likley to be bluffing at the pot

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much you beat besides a bluff. Good fold. I'd put you on a Kx hand.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more on flop, bet more on turn (I'd bet 3/4). It is also possible that your opponent has a better king or has alread has a full house (K5,55,44, etc.) since he has called your pre-flop raise, things that you cannot know since you have let him take the control of the hand by the river. You have to remember that you have the worst king possible at showdown K6 outkicks you, K2, K4, K5 make FH. The board even has straight possibilities (A3, and 36 make straights).

But laying it down there is not as bad as many of the other posters put it out to be as you can only beat a bluff. Calling an all-in here is tricky, I would've prefered that it was us doing to pushing.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude probably had JJ and thought it was good....

i dont know...stormy will be here shortly to offer his EXPERT opinion, then nothing that any of us have said will matter!!!!:)

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude probably had JJ and thought it was good....

i dont know...stormy will be here shortly to offer his EXPERT opinion, then nothing that any of us have said will matter!!!!:)

Heads up is mostly about reads so really can not answer this. Dont know if im folding trips though HU, good fold? beats me.