Hand History #4 for contest Stryatangent

straytangent

straytangent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man... I think my kryptonite in online poker is psyching myself out. I've started to realize that a lot of the times I lose out on a big pot is because I don't give enough credit to the villain on a hand. Just another typical big loss due to my own stubborness.

For some reason, I have this gut reaction to think someone re-raising more than the pot with the nuts before the turn or river is bluffing, because in my mind, if you have the nuts, you should just let the opponent bury himself.

You know, I realized I kind of had this problem in the past (online mind you, in brick and mortar games I'm MUCH more tight and focused), but with these hand histories and responses, I've come to realize that this is my major flaw that repeats itself several times over.

Even though it's late into the game, I just still get this notion that it's a freeroll so that people will try bs bluffs more often than in a real game. Stubborn. Stubborn. Stubborn.

This is from a freeroll Wednesday for suited pockets. Made it to like 32nd place or something like that before getting knocked out.
--------
Stacks:

* MP2 with 40095
* woohoosue with 72421
* BTN with 27411
* SB with 34663
* BB with 78804
* UTG with 3744
* MP1 with 25517

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to MP2:Q♠ A♥
* * Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP1 calls [800] Hero raises to 2,500
* * 2 players fold.
* * SB raises to 4,200
* * 2 players fold.
Hero calls [1,700]
* * Total folds this street: 5
* * Potsize: 10000
Flop: 7♦ Q♦ K♣
* * SB bets [10,700] Hero calls [10,700]
* * Potsize: 20710
Turn: 7♥
* * SB bets [19,663, and is all in] Hero calls [19,663]
* * SB shows : K♠ K♥ Hero shows : Q♠ A♥
* * Potsize: 40392
River: 9♣
* * SB shows a full house, Kings full of Sevens
* * Hero shows two pair, Queens and Sevens
* * SB wins the pot (71,426) with a full house, Kings full of Sevens

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

straytangent

straytangent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I've posted this, I might as well type up another hand that I lost a lot of chips on in the Ultimate Bet freeroll last week. I don't have the hand history on me, but I remember the basics.

Me: AQ around 13,000 in chips
Villain: A Clubs 8 (not club) around 10,000 in chips

I honestly don't remember what the blinds were, just I did a raise of 5x the blinds.

Flop: Rag Club J Club Q(not club)
I raise half the pot, and villain calls.

Turn: Q Club
I raise half the pot and then villain goes all in (pot is around 4000 and with my raise there's 6000 in the pot and now 12000 in the pot with the all in).

I call because this guy has the habit of reraising on a lot of suspicius boards a little too often so I'm fairly confident he's at best on a flush draw with K or A of clubs... not to mention I have Trip Qs with top kicker.

The showdown shows his semi bluff and of course another club comes on the river.

I go on tilt hither to.

*shrug*

Should I have put him all in on the turn to take away his BS all in bravado power? Did I play this the wrong way? Where?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st hand you analyzed it yourself pretty well. AQo is just not the kind of hand you want to go to battle with and SB's minraise should have set off alarms.

2nd hand, not enough info about the table, tournament position and blinds to give a good answer.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands