guess the hand, this out to be fun.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
title is meant to say the ought to be fun.

pokerstars Game #14613462411: Tournament #74096804, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/01/17 - 00:06:19 (ET)
Table '74096804 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 3: wadagou (9465 in chips)
Seat 4: tmillur (2960 in chips)
Seat 8: Chiefer77 (1075 in chips)
Chiefer77: posts small blind 75
wadagou: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Chiefer77 [7h 7c]
tmillur: folds
Chiefer77: raises 300 to 450
wadagou: raises 300 to 750
Chiefer77: raises 325 to 1075
wadagou: raises 300 to 1350
*** FLOP *** [2d 6s 4h]
*** TURN *** [2d 6s 4h] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [2d 6s 4h Qd] [Kh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Chiefer77: shows [7h 7c] (a pair of Sevens)
wadagou: shows?
wadagou collected 2150 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2150 | Rake 0
Board [2d 6s 4h Qd Kh]
Seat 3: wadagou (big blind) showed [?] and won (2150)
Seat 4: tmillur (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Chiefer77 (small blind) showed [7h 7c] and lost with a pair of Sevens

i know, i know, i should have just pushed to begin with, but i was hoping to steal the blinds without risking my entire stack. bad play, i know.

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Answer's right there in the HH still, Chiefer :p

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha, missed that part, thanks CT! i'm such a meathead sometimes.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I didn't arrive in time before the edit.
hmmmmm
K7?

lol, no clue.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll give you a clue. It starts with a "T", and ends with "rashy hand"...

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rashy? Now I am really confused.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still confused about Chuck's "rashy" comment.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q9?

T Rashy , Royal (remove the space). My God man. :)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't worry, I didn't make much sense there...no huge hint from me :/ just a little high

G

GivPeace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this has me completely thrown off I want to say Qs 4s, I just put the 4 there because it sounds like you were beat by two pair but I swear if it was 2-4 or 4-6 I would go nuts like break my keyboard and monitor type nuts..if I were u in that situation..wow I guess we should pray that this types of players sit down at are tables but its soo sick when they get that lucky. Hey this is my 50th post I now feel very special

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
35o?

Or maybe it was just pocket kings and you're just trying to throw us off...

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this has me completely thrown off I want to say Qs 4s, I just put the 4 there because it sounds like you were beat by two pair but I swear if it was 2-4 or 4-6 I would go nuts like break my keyboard and monitor type nuts..if I were u in that situation..wow I guess we should pray that this types of players sit down at are tables but its soo sick when they get that lucky. Hey this is my 50th post I now feel very special

you got it. it was 4 6 off suit. he nailed his flop. i didn't take it bad. i was really short stacked. i raised instead of pushing, big mistake. i think he put me on a steal and reraised me. after that he was committed. stuff happens.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think he put me on a steal and reraised me.
Why did he think you would fold, and why did you only have 1,000 chips? Had he been bullying you around? Your statement in the OP that you didn't want to risk your entire stack (with a monster hand 3 handed), when you only had a 3rd of the 2nd place players chips and 7 BB's implies you play much too tight at this stage of a SnG.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did he think you would fold, and why did you only have 1,000 chips? Had he been bullying you around? Your statement in the OP that you didn't want to risk your entire stack (with a monster hand 3 handed), when you only had a 3rd of the 2nd place players chips and 7 BB's implies you play much too tight at this stage of a SnG.

i agree that at this stage of the tourny i played this hand too tight. i normally don't do this. i had it in my mind that i would raise the blinds to steal and if i got reraised i would push it all in. i was hoping to avoid that and not put my tourny life at risk.

i did take a beat a couple of hands prior to get short stacked.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had it in my mind that i would raise the blinds to steal and if i got reraised i would push it all in. i was hoping to avoid that and not put my tourny life at risk.
Don't understand this, you didn't want to put your tourney life at risk? Were you not down to the last 3 with a 9th of the leaders chips and a 3rd of the 2nd place players chips? If you dont consider your tourney life to be at risk now, then when would you?
I'd have probably done the raise rather than the all-in, you want a double up here. What you can't do though is bet 450 chips when you've got 1075 chips and possibly contemplate folding, regardless of the cards you've got. If he calls pre-flop, then its all in on the flop regardless, if he raises then it's instacall - you can't go down to 600 chips here.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't understand this, you didn't want to put your tourney life at risk? Were you not down to the last 3 with a 9th of the leaders chips and a 3rd of the 2nd place players chips? If you dont consider your tourney life to be at risk now, then when would you?
I'd have probably done the raise rather than the all-in, you want a double up here. What you can't do though is bet 450 chips when you've got 1075 chips and possibly contemplate folding, regardless of the cards you've got. If he calls pre-flop, then its all in on the flop regardless, if he raises then it's instacall - you can't go down to 600 chips here.

agreed 100%! i played this hand horribly. i knew i was pretty much dead in the water as soon as i got down to 1075 in chips. second place wasn't playing any hands, he was waiting me out. i tried to get fancy and it backfired.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont agree with me!;)

i tried to get fancy and it backfired.

I don't think you were being fancy, and I dont think it backfired. 77 versus 4 6 all-in pre-flop for a double up is ideal, just didn't fall right this time.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but not pushing first and foremost was a huge mistake on my part.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands