going with a read

D

Dingodaddy23

read on villian was that he was very donkish, saw him call in all-in in round 1 with king/jack and suckout on someone's AA, also saw him push on a ragged flop with AQ and suckout on the river vs someone's JJ. The 500 chip bet looked like a weak continuation bet to me so I decided to play back at him, maybe unneccessarily given stack sizes Anyone care to guess what villian had here?

***** Hand History for Game 4546175177 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $33 Buy-in Trny:24974813 Level:3 Blinds(50/100) - Sunday, June 18, 19:55:08 ET 2006
Table Table 110333 (real money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: Vangetta ( $1515 )
Seat 3: stephanKr ( $6180 )
Seat 4: COOLRUNNINGZ ( $4421 )
Seat 6: tillery ( $2775 )
Seat 10: SuperLame ( $1585 )
Seat 2: Mj23LBJ111 ( $3524 )
Trny:24974813 Level:3
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mj23LBJ111 [ 9c 9h ]
stephanKr raises [450].
COOLRUNNINGZ folds.
tillery folds.
SuperLame folds.
Vangetta folds.
Mj23LBJ111 calls [350].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 8d, 3c ]
Mj23LBJ111 checks.
stephanKr bets [500].
Mj23LBJ111 raises [1250].
stephanKr is all-In [5230]
Mj23LBJ111 is all-In [1824]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]
** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]

M

MaximusBets

Enthusiast
well im gonna take a guess at this one......given what you said, i would have to say either A 10 or A 4 of clubs?????

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
AK, not necessarily clubs.

That's just about the most donkish hand I can give villain here without stretching the realms of plausibility even for a terrible player.

Coryan

Coryan

Dorkus Malorkus said:
AK, not necessarily clubs.

That's just about the most donkish hand I can give villain here without stretching the realms of plausibility even for a terrible player.
After the description of the donk, I was immediately thinking AK also....any AK.

D

Dingodaddy23

result

villian had the worst hand that could possibly beat me

10/10

i'm not sure if i like his push or not (if i was in his shoes), but i know based on his play that his thought process wasn't solid, it was more along the lines of "omg overpair i got the nutz all-in"

Coryan

Coryan

Damn, we wanted AK here!

Dingodaddy23 said:
i'm not sure if i like his push or not (if i was in his shoes), but i know based on his play that his thought process wasn't solid, it was more along the lines of "omg overpair i got the nutz all-in"
I don't think his push was all that bad....but I'm guessin' you are right about his thought process.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
There are possible straight and flush draws so pushing after you re-raised wasn't a bad move there.

D

Dingodaddy23

but, if you had 10/10 there, what hand would I do this with that he is beating? seems like 9/9 is the only one.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
I dont get why your berating someone for ending up all in with 10 10, when you had 9 9, he had originally raised, and then bet out again post flop. If you are saying he played it bad, surely you must think that you played it worse?

D

Dingodaddy23

dude i wasn't "berating" him at all. just looking at the hand from his POV, what hand would I do that with that he is beating with 10/10?