FTP FR

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 250 people left, with 72 in the money. Average chip stack is about 4,500. roanan1 is semi-loose but not too aggressive unless he has a big hand. I like to mix up my play and would limp about 1/4 of the time and raise the rest with this hand. My image is tight aggressive and I have not limped with big hands at any point, yet.

Dealer: Hand #2350764158
Dealer: WarrenBeaty posts the big blind of 200
Dealer: You have been dealt :qd4: :qc4:
Dealer: weebee33 sits down
Dealer: weebee33 adds 10,935
Dealer: roanan1 calls 200
Dealer: skoldpadda9 calls 200
Dealer: motorcitysmity calls 200
Dealer: KrazeyAces folds
Dealer: PayMyATM folds
Dealer: My Munni Biatch folds
Dealer: WarrenBeaty checks
Dealer: The flop is :6c4: :kc4: :qh4:
Dealer: WarrenBeaty checks
Dealer: roanan1 bets 400
Dealer: skoldpadda9 ?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(a) gib stacksizes!

(b) why are you limping pf? what's the point of "mixing up your play" in a freeroll where invariably 99% of the competition are about as observant and intelligent as a particularly dumb chimpanzee?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
roanan1 about T5050
skoldpadda about T9500

I've been at table for about 50-100 hands and have folded 80%, raised 15% and limped 5% (roughly, not incl BB unraised). 6/9 at the table have chip sizes that are quite large relative to the median chip stack. From my observations, players are pretty solid overall and I want to mix up my play, damn it! If I flop a queen (as I did), no one would put me on this big of a hand. If all babies come on the flop, I may get credit for a set. If an ace or king comes, I probably get credit for top pair.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just shove. it's a FR, likely he will call with any king/2clubs

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any useful comments? lol... we know what you do joose. we've seen the hand histories. We laughed, we cried. We realized that your life is rigged.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping w/QQ in a freeroll is pretty bad. Yes, you can fool someone pretty badly, but as Harrington says, "Your goal should not be to confuse or outwit your opponent, but to win the most money off of him". (at least it was something like that). Raise PF to protect your hand and to get full value.

Also, Joose is right; postflop just shove and expect action from any king, flush draw or maybe even JT. No need to get fancy in FRs. We could also raise ~2K to make it more inviting, but in general people will pay you off with anything pretty-looking.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
roanan1 about T5050
skoldpadda about T9500

I've been at table for about 50-100 hands and have folded 80%, raised 15% and limped 5% (roughly, not incl BB unraised). 6/9 at the table have chip sizes that are quite large relative to the median chip stack. From my observations, players are pretty solid overall and I want to mix up my play, damn it! If I flop a queen (as I did), no one would put me on this big of a hand. If all babies come on the flop, I may get credit for a set. If an ace or king comes, I probably get credit for top pair.

...or, most likely, you get into a 5-way limped pot out of position with QQ and no clue what to do when people start tossing chips at a K72 / T97 / A98 / whatever flop.

Anyway as played you obviously raise to ~1200 (a) to charge a flush draw more if one is out there, and (b) because you've disguised your hand with your preflop action, nobody will put you on a hand as strong as your actual hand even if you do raise here.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All excellent points. Not much left to analyze since it all went in with my set vs his draw... results not important.

Thanks for the feedback.