$Freeroll PLO8 MTT: Help, I can't figure this Hi/Lo hand out W/pic

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in a tourney, and I swear I got the low, and my opponent had the high. I was given 2/3rds of the pot, an my opponent 1/3. This doesn't seem correct, though it is in my favor, and it's worrisome. I can usually figure these out, but this one has me beat. Can someone tell me what the split should have been or tell me if ACR was accurate or not in this hand? Thanks!

P.S. I'm Tuberocity at the bottom, and the hands are Player on left AAJ3, and my hand is AA32

Attachments

• ACR split pot question.jpg
    ACR split pot question.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[AA]K87 both for high - split here, and [A2]567 for low vs [A3]567 - you win. Easy.
Only two cards from hand can be used. So [AA]K87 - two card used and not AAKJ8 - 3 card used

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Omaha you have to use exactly 2 cards from your hand to make each hand (2 cards for high, 2 cards for low).

Then you divide the pot into 2 (if there is a possible low). My guess is that you got 75% and your opponent got 25%

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was in a tourney, and I swear I got the low, and my opponent had the high. I was given 2/3rds of the pot, an my opponent 1/3. This doesn't seem correct, though it is in my favor, and it's worrisome. I can usually figure these out, but this one has me beat. Can someone tell me what the split should have been or tell me if ACR was accurate or not in this hand? Thanks!

P.S. I'm Tuberocity at the bottom, and the hands are Player on left AAJ3, and my hand is AA32

You won the low pot with a better low than your opponent, and you both chopped the high with a pair of Aces, so you won 75% of the pot. So no worries, you're good, and trust me, the software is not going to get that wrong.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, it wasn't that you got 2/3 but 3/4 which is what will happen any time that half the pot is split and someone wins the other half.

There's an important lesson here (for your opponent!) which is to avoid playing for just half the pot. So if you have A2 which is the nut low but almost no chance of high and a tight player is betting and raising like crazy, there's a good chance you'll end up getting quartered at showdown.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands