$Freeroll NLHE Turbo: Pre-flop AKos live bar tournament

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE Turbo: Pre-flop AKos live bar tournament

Was playing in a fun tourney last night. Approximately 15 still in, top 4 win points, I was fairly short stacked. Players were fairly competent, mildly tight.

Blinds 200/400
Three-way action pre-flop, I'm in the Big Blind with As Kh

UTG - raises to 3X BB (stack size left - roughly 3000)
Mid-player calls after thinking for a minute. (stack size - big stack)
Button folds.
SB folds.

Decision time: I have 400 in, flat calling 1200 would leave me with only 700 chips.

Insta-push being M less than 10?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to hurt your elbow while fist-pump shoving.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy decision, GET YOUR CHIPS IN THE MIDDLE!!!

What did you choose to do?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove-city, your M was actually 3.8 so you probably should have been looking for spots earlier to shove.

M

masiado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all-in is the best move to do in this situation. Since you are in a short stack and you have a good percentage of winning, shove it and pray to the Poker Gods to give you the best hand like full house or flushes.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove-city, your M was actually 3.8 so you probably should have been looking for spots earlier to shove.

Actually, the only reason I was at 2300 was two earlier shoves. One on the BB, and one on the button. Both earlier shoves caught cards. I was seriously short-stacked going into first break.

But alas... to finish:

I shoved (of course).
UTG - re-raised another 2000 and was all-in.
Mid-position big stack called.

UTG showed JJ
Mid-position showed AQos
I had AKos of course.

Flop was x, J, x with no draws for either Mid or me, and it was all over. Turn was a blank. I think I rivered a king, but it didn't matter by then.

Sorry c9, that would have been premature fist-pumping...

I considered folding for a microsecond, but then realized that if the mid-position big stack had AA, he would have put everybody all-in.

Last edited:
D

deumsac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is putting both others all in the right move if instead he had the highest stack of the three, with the other two having a small stack and a medium stack? Or do you let the other two play and give it up?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove all in and then throw a grenade into B tunnel to prevent the terrorists from flanking

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
w/10-12 BB's i'm looking for hands to shove. if i'm first in the range is pretty wide too. after i fall to <8BB's i tighten up a lot. now i don't think i got enough to make to make everyone fold. so now i start looking for hands that have more showdown value. and AK definately has lots of that. shove all day long here. you mad the right play here and the cards just didnt fall in your favor.

D

dtamburin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't of given it a second thought here. Your hand has good showdown value, your short, you can triple up, barring any folds. But them folding is highly unlikely for another 700. Push and pray.

Organize a Home Poker Game