$Freeroll NLHE Turbo: AK on the bubble

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE Turbo: AK on the bubble

210 fpp sattelite, 6 places advance. 7 players remaining. Whats your play with AK here and why. Small blind will have 203 chips left after posting in the small blind, he hasn't played a hand yet at the final table (23 hands)

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
party poker, $600/$1,200 antes 75
NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
BB: $5,015 (4.2 bb)
MP1: $10,535 (8.8 bb)
MP2: $7,685 (6.4 bb)
MP3: $2,225 (1.9 bb)
Hero (CO): $1,505 (1.3 bb)
BTN: $2,157 (1.8 bb)
SB: $878 (0.7 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with K A
MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1,200, MP3 folds, Hero ?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with antes that big and you in late position meaning you won't post blinds for almost an orbit, looks like a fold to me. He'll be anted out in like 3 hands if he doesn't call here.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ick, this is a really horrible spot and the main reason why i don't play sats, heh.

if we fold, SB has to shove anything and BB has to call, so SB is basically 50/50 busto/(more than) doubled up and leaving us as the shorty and forcing us into to making a move before anyone else.

if we shove BB has to call, SB doesn't have to (simply because he knows that BB has to call getting a squillion to one), and we're far better than 50/50 against BBs calling range of any two. this is offset a little by (a) the chance that SB has a huge hand and calls and we end up three-way and (b) the chance that we fold, SB doubles this hand but we double up at some point thereafter and go on to qualify. i don't think (a) and (b) together are enough to offset the difference though - i think this is a shove but it's a really awkward spot.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have too fold a tough one to let go but sb has to make a move your in position to itm patience here will do better than shove imo. then again sb hasnt made a move in 23 hands he may just blind out .

Behrens900

Behrens900

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drop it like its hot
Although AK is the best non-pair starting hand, you are probably a coin flip at best. Since this is a satellite I would fold like the others are saying and wait for the 0.7 bb player to be eliminated. If this were a regular tourny Id probably be all in. go big or go home.

D

dillingerdis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, unless you were sitting on something that gave you a huge advantage, at this point it would be a fold for me. All he has to have is J5, you hit nothing and he hits 5, and then bam, shitty. Hes going to be gone soon, no point in dumping some extra chips on him if he hits.

H

h1s0k4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold because on the bubble I would play extremely tight, which means wait for the short stack leave so I can loose a little bit
he would probably be out in this hand or the next one

CrossCrucificio

CrossCrucificio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This one is very interesting. You can fold and let shortstack sweat out for another blind. Risk here is that shortstack could win with possibly crappy starting hands. If so, where does that leave you now? As shortstack, possibly bubble boy. You can take the risk of having one of the best starting hands and put all your marbles in, and possibly get everyone to fold, probably not gonna happen but it could. At least here you control your destiny with a great starting hands as AK. In this cas, I would do the latter and push all-in. If everyone folds great, if someone callls looking knock you out, well they have to do it against the AK.

C

Caysewell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with antes that big and you in late position meaning you won't post blinds for almost an orbit, looks like a fold to me. He'll be anted out in like 3 hands if he doesn't call here.

I agree with this. If sb plan to fold fold fold, he'll be all in in 3 hands and when that happens, we're still "safe" in mp1.

Just curious, would you guys still fold if you had AA/KK instead?

R

rubslotionskin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious, would you guys still fold if you had AA/KK instead?[/quote]

yes...easy fold, that's how sat play works not playing to win playing to make it into the money survival is a 100 X more important than getting chips