$Freeroll NLHE STT Turbo: Usually a no Brainer:Does Tournie Stategy come into play?

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE STT Turbo: Usually a no Brainer:Does Tournie Stategy come into play?

First, it's not really a freeroll. It's for full tilt points. I had to pay points to play.

About 90% sure that this is a given. With respect to regular play, I KNOW this is an auto-call. My specific question is when I just NEED to cash and am not as concerned about the win (specific situation where losing this tournie means borrowing to rebuild bankroll - can't put anything online), what is the best strategy here?

I understand how powerful KK's are. But I also see the shorter stacks. Can I coast to third?

Villian has been pushing with K10o and Q8s. Two short stacks are very nitty and only raise premium hands. Been stealing blinds from them.

I am also covered by the Villian who is the Big stack

full tilt poker Game #16662033828: Satellite to the Daily Dollar (123785474), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:28:31 ET - 2009/12/09
Seat 4: Darmstadt98 (1,775)
Seat 5: tunderlala3 (3,835)
Seat 7: Still Learning (3,330)
Seat 8: GenghisKong (840)
Seat 9: barone81 (3,720)
tunderlala3 posts the small blind of 80
Still Learning posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Still Learning [Kc Ks]
GenghisKong folds
barone81 folds
Darmstadt98 folds
tunderlala3 raises to 3,835, and is all in
Still Learning calls 3,170, and is all in
tunderlala3 shows [Kd As]
Still Learning shows [Kc Ks]
Uncalled bet of 505 returned to tunderlala3
*** FLOP *** [9d 8d Qh]
*** TURN *** [9d 8d Qh] [Ah]
*** RIVER *** [9d 8d Qh Ah] [2s]
tunderlala3 shows a pair of Aces
Still Learning shows a pair of Kings
tunderlala3 wins the pot (6,660) with a pair of Aces
Still Learning stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,660 | Rake 0
Board: [9d 8d Qh Ah 2s]
Seat 4: Darmstadt98 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: tunderlala3 (small blind) showed [Kd As] and won (6,660) with a pair of Aces
Seat 7: Still Learning (big blind) showed [Kc Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 8: GenghisKong didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: barone81 didn't bet (folded)

Just curious if I can every fold in this SPECIFIC situation.

Thanks!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is your bankroll management, not your call with kings. If you can't take the risk of getting all your money in as a favorite, then you obviously have bankroll management problems.

X

xtachyonx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, never feel bad shoving KK. No you cant fold.

Bankroll Management is another issue still, but even in a situation where you cannot deposit, I dont see how you can fold KK preflop.

Sometimes it just doesent happen.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy call, even in a satellite and especially given your read.

The bubble is two places away, there's only one super short stack and blinds are relatively high so we're not guaranteed to be able to cruise into third place even if we do fold this.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant fold this...
but I cant really see how the possible win of the entry to the daily dollar would save your bankroll? also sincy you have only invested 50 FTPs...

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand. Thanks all.

Actually, I was winning entries into the tourney, then unregistering and getting back the points. Kept doing it to win it all back.

Yes, I did have bankroll management issues. Hopefully a lot less now. Really trying to take ALL aspect of the game seriously now. This site has helped a lot.

Take Care!