$Freeroll NLHE: Shortstack All-in Call

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: Shortstack All-in Call

Brief intro, I'm new to the forums but not to poker, in a sense. I've played on and off with friends for a few years, but only recently got more serious about the game playing in the freerolls for the upcoming wsop. I've improved, but would like to improve my skills further. Now, to the hand:

Final table of a 380 player freeroll. Blinds are already high at $2500/$5000 and I find myself shortstacked at $35,000, so I'm pretty much in push or fold mode, and had better push quick before I'm blinded out.

My villain and I have only a few blind rounds ago been moved to the final table, which was quickly cut down to 4 people, so I don't have a very solid read on him. I have however, seen him aggressively steal blinds several times from late position. He is the chip leader at around 6 times my stack, over $220,000.

SB(Hero), BB, UTG and Button(Villain) playing.
UTG limps, Button(Villain) raises 2xBB
SB(Hero) Shoves with ATsuited (basically to buy a $17,000 or 1/2 his stack)
BB folds, UTG folds
Button (Villain) shoves back

Was going all in a wise decision? What have I not considered here?

Let me know if I committed any blunders in this post as well, and how I could improve it; it is my first on this forum, and first time posting a hand history, but not my last. Thanks in advance for your time.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heya, welcome to Cardschat. :)

Regarding general postishness, hands are often easier to follow if they are either pasted from the poker site hand history, or better yet converted (you can find two such converters here and here). It's a little hard to follow your hand as stack sizes are mentioned intermittently rather than together and some of the actions are unclear. The stickied threads in the hand analysis forums also contain some other useful guidelines.

Regarding the actual hand, if I've read it right the shove appears pretty routine. ATs with 7BBs in the blinds and with no real show of strength ahead of you almost always means shove. Just shove first time around rather than minraising for half your stack, as after putting half your stack in there's no way you're going to be folding regardless of the action. I expect the button will call you often, but this being a freeroll he could have anything from A3 sooted to Aces, so we're good against his range.

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback, good to know I'm at least partly on track on some basic concepts.

And regarding the post itself, I'll be sure to use the hand converter next time. Thanks again!

R

rsr552

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all in preflop in one motion would probably be the correct move in your situation...considering that he was on the button...you probably had the best hand...it was probably the best hand youll see before being blinded out so it should be an easy shove

greywind50

greywind50

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree short stacked four opps left push it all in and GAMBLE.:D
for a change of pace you could try calling preflop then moving all in,
betting the flop allin no matter what the cards are.