$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Villain loves to bluff, should I hero call this?

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a 1,261 player 6-max free roll MTT and we are down to the final 110 players. Villain and I both have fairly healthy stacks, around the middle of the pack. In the last two or three orbits preceding this hand, Villain raised a lot, showed a bluff, and was loose enough to call big shoves with garbage hands like QJ and T5. He has about 36k to start the hand and I have about 28k to start. He seems really foolish, possibly on tilt after losing big pots with the QJ and T5.

Blinds are 400-800 with 80 ante. He's the BB and I'm UTG.

I am dealt AKo.

Hero- raises to 1,600
HJ- folds
CU- folds
BU- folds
SB- folds
Villain- calls

POT = 4,080
Flop comes QT9r

Villain- checks
Hero- bets 2,720
Villain- calls

POT = 9,520
Turn comes QT98r

Villain- checks
Hero- checks

POT = 9,520
River comes QT98A

Villain- shoves all in ~24k (~8k behind)
Hero- ???

This was a very tough spot for me and I'm not sure if I made the right decision. Any ideas? Would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In flop when wet board better check for pot control, if you said that villain lag most of the time he call with any pair or gutshot on your cbet.

In river fold , board very coordinated and we can not say that your opponent is bluffing. It's better not risk you still have quite a good stack.

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That board is too co-ordinated to make a call. It is what it is.

I'm kinda curious what he had. Gut reaction would be some kind of J or J that initally paired with the flop and turned a straight.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop raise fine, c-bet fine, turn check awesome. When he shoves on the river, I'm much inclined to fold here despite his tendencies. You're only getting 1.4-to-1 on a call to bluff catch, and there are so many combination that the villain might have that beats you. Fold it and wait for a better spot.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a pretty much easy fold after villain shoves on the river. Our top pair will almost never be good at this spot looking at the board texture.

There is not much reason to be excited just because we hit top pair on the river to make such a big call. Bluff catching here seems like a terrible idea. Loose aggressive players like the one you are against know when to maximize their image to get maximum value and that is exactly what he/she seems to be doing right now. Shoving for maximum value. :cool:

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hm, maybe you are really ahead when the A came on the river but I would definitely fold and trying to stack this fish in the next hands :)