$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Can u fold this hand

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG (t1,500)
UTG+1 (t1,700)
MP1 (t3,060)
MP2 (t1,420)
CO (t1,500)
Button (t1,320)
SB (t1,460)
Hero (BB) (t1,540)

Hero's M: 51.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9
spade.gif
, 8
spade.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls t20, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20, 1 fold, Button calls t20, SB calls t10, Hero checks

Flop: (t100) 9
heart.gif
, A
diamond.gif
, 9
club.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Button checks

Turn: (t100) 3
heart.gif
(5 players)
SB bets t100, Hero calls t100, UTG+1 raises to t200, 3 folds, Hero raises to t360, UTG+1 calls t160

River: (t920) Q
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t920, Hero raises to t1,160 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t240

Total pot: t3,240

Results below:
Hero had 9
spade.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(three of a kind, nines).
UTG+1 had A
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(full house, Aces over nines).
Outcome: UTG+1 won t3,240

it was awsome play by him ,no read here early stage i would say 4th hand of tourney , ..
i was unable to put him in any range at this point , at what range would u put him there

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No,you cant escape from this hand,just bad luck ..

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll all players call with trips, because villain can shove like two pairs ( Ax)/ in freeroll many bad players...

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was awsome play by him ,no read here early stage i would say 4th hand of tourney , ..

preflop was terribad from his part and villain just got lucky that you got trips on flop!

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After thinking a lot about this hand , i actually slowplayed it badly ,i should have bet on flop and then on turn and then could have shoved on river ,this way i could have extract some info about his hand ranges ..poker is all about information and i did nothing to extract it .. next time ,i will keep this in mind
and thanks guyzzz for all the help

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree the villian played it wrong initially, but it turned out well for him in the end. If he had raised pre - you might not have followed and he might have only won the pre-flop chips. So I guess he was lucky and you was extremely ul. Better luck next time, however, this will probably happen again, and you cannot get away from it again............:D:D:D

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We do not bet for information, we bet only for protection or for value.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres no way I will surrender my hand.

Even a poker genius cant imagine he is holding such hand.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like everyone's trying it in freeroll.

Same situation BB 65s, villain limps AA in CO along with two limper. Flop A75, check, check, check, check. Turn 5, I bet, call, call, call. River 6, I bet, fold, fold, re-raise, thought for a while and just called. Lost half my stack in this hand though. Call me a donk, but I wasn't extracting any more value from him, if he was beat and not putting any more of my chip in the middle, if I'm.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think villain's play is pretty terrible the whole way here except the flop check. He limps pre-flop with AA and creates a multiway pot which is never a good idea.

Flop - villain gets lucky. Don't really understand why hero checks here. Betting here (due to pre-flop limps this needs to be pot size probably) will thin the field and give you some idea of where you are against any callers. Villains check here is the only good move they made as they are hoping someone has a 9 or will try to bluff either here or on a later street.

Turn - SB bets - is there a hand they have that is likely to be ahead of you? Not really so why just call. You should be thinking you are way ahead here and trying to get chips in. Villain min raise is awful - he must believe one of you has hit something so needs to be getting more chips in. Hero re-raise is also too small - should probably just be jamming here.

River - don't understand hero check. You were the turn aggressor and the Q almost never changes anything so if you thought you were ahead on the turn you should be betting this river for value. When you check and villain jams this is your only chance to get away from this hand. It's pretty impossible to put him on AA or QQ but I guess A9 K9 Q9 or 33 are just about believable which are the only hands he is likely to have that beat you. So you have to decide if he has it or it's a stone cold bluff. Folding though is pretty difficult.

Villain play was pretty horrible and the cards saved him. From hero point of view pretty much a cooler but just need to think about the villain river jam and wonder if he could have got away.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls there are a lot of good hands that you can play them really tight....in this situation you reraised good for informing yourself about the others hand....so for shure most of the tight players that really want to make smth from a freeroll limp AA KK AK QQ from early positions to catch the lunatics and maniacs....so for shure you can take the ideea that he could have AA in utg. THis strategy is also used in cash ( limp/reraise ) to gain more value from aggro-players. For me is definelly slowplay and control the pot for loosing the smallest value you can! GG, it's just a freeroll :)) have a lot of opportunities for playing them :D

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think villain's play is pretty terrible the whole way here except the flop check. He limps pre-flop with AA and creates a multiway pot which is never a good idea.

I absolutely agree. Limping with Aces on a full table is just terrible. In this case, villain got fortunate to find somebody with a good enough hand to pay him/her off. On the bright side, you can note that for that player.

More often than not, Aces are likely to get cracked in spots like that.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that you did not have a pass here. This freeroll, they play a lot of bad poker players and many players who just went for fun. Bad game opponent with pocket aces, bad luck.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strange hand... i guess you can t fold trips here . It's hard for villan to have AA,QQ as played pre.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker