$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: Reraise shove all in with JJ against an extremely loose player

P

PoliticoV

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: Reraise shove all in with JJ against an extremely loose player

Hello!

I was just playing a 100$ Freeroll with 150 entrants. There were around 100 entrants left when I played hand, so I was very far away from reaching min-cash.

Except one or two players, most of them were playing decent tight and aggressive game. However, to my right was an extremely loose player who just shoved all in with J8o, K5o and Q7o in the last three orbits and dropped down to 5BB from 50BB a while away.

I was UTG+3 with JJ with 15BB stack. And all MP and LP players were tight and were folding most of the hands. At UTG+2 was the aggressive fish I was talking about, which he shoved all in with 5BB stack. To isolate this guy, I reraise shoved all in with my JJ. At CO a nit called my raise and everyone else folded.

The board was 28896

The aggressive fish had K3 and the nit won the pot with QQ.

Now, can anyone please analyze my hand and provide me any feedback?

Would it have been better to call his raise and wait for others to react? If one of the nits had re-raised, I could have the possibility to fold?

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Convert the hand, and put here. I believe it is best to be analyzed.

P

PoliticoV

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I am using ACR and I am not sure how to upload the hand here?

Can you please help me with that?

27DaNutz

27DaNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 15BBs what else can you do? you have to make the shove there regardless for me there was only 1 way to play the hand and it was to shove after the guy shoved his 5BBs

Nothing much else you can do in that spot mate

P

PoliticoV

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 15BBs what else can you do? you have to make the shove there regardless for me there was only 1 way to play the hand and it was to shove after the guy shoved his 5BBs

Nothing much else you can do in that spot mate

Its good to know that other people are thinking the same on how to play that hand. As a follow up question, if the UTG+2 was not an aggressive player but a tight player, would it justified to reraise shove all in with JJ in that case?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Its good to know that other people are thinking the same on how to play that hand. As a follow up question, if the UTG+2 was not an aggressive player but a tight player, would it justified to reraise shove all in with JJ in that case?

You made the right decision shoving all in against a player who is shoving so wide, it was unfortunate that the nit on the CO got QQ, but the end result doesn't matter, its how you played it that matters.

Against a tight player that I have a lot of hands on, I would be folding JJ there. Don't think that because they are a tight player that they aren't aggesive. Your villain I would note as LAGTARD. What stats did you have on the nit?

P

PoliticoV

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made the right decision shoving all in against a player who is shoving so wide, it was unfortunate that the nit on the CO got QQ, but the end result doesn't matter, its how you played it that matters.

Against a tight player that I have a lot of hands on, I would be folding JJ there. Don't think that because they are a tight player that they aren't aggesive. Your villain I would note as LAGTARD. What stats did you have on the nit?

Thanks for the reassurance that I did the right play.

Unfortunately I don't use any HUDs since I am playing freerolls exclusively to polish my game and get some quick bucks. I just 2 table and try to focus hard on every orbit and try to assess hand ranges and any unconventional betting patterns and other stuff. And so far its going good so far.

Can you suggest me any HUD which can work properly on ACR?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for the reassurance that I did the right play.

Unfortunately I don't use any HUDs since I am playing freerolls exclusively to polish my game and get some quick bucks. I just 2 table and try to focus hard on every orbit and try to assess hand ranges and any unconventional betting patterns and other stuff. And so far its going good so far.

Can you suggest me any HUD which can work properly on ACR?

Unfortunately I don't play that much on ACR to know what HUD works better. I am using PT4. I also started with freerolls and never used a HUD at that time. I finally bought one after 2 years, it does help ya improve ya game, but if you are only playing freerolls, just carry on with what you are doing. If you do wish to use a HUD then go for the trial with HM2 and then try PT4, that's what I did and I prefered PT4

GL

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that we should go for the good prizes JJ is good enough to go all-in and try to accumulate chips

P

PoliticoV

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I don't play that much on ACR to know what HUD works better. I am using PT4. I also started with freerolls and never used a HUD at that time. I finally bought one after 2 years, it does help ya improve ya game, but if you are only playing freerolls, just carry on with what you are doing. If you do wish to use a HUD then go for the trial with HM2 and then try PT4, that's what I did and I prefered PT4

GL

Sure I will look into it. Thanks!

D

dsk1231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With only 15BB getting it in with JJ is a no brainer regardless of other villians.

P

PoliticoV

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With only 15BB getting it in with JJ is a no brainer regardless of other villians.

Well, I am fairly new to tournaments since I was mostly a cash game player before. I went all in and I believed I made the right decision. However, since I lost the hand, I was a bit doubtful about my decision and wanted an opinion.

Also, I don't think its a no brainer all in. If a really tight player who is barely playing any hands shoves all in, I will most probably fold to his shove all in. I dont know whether its a +EV decision or not. Maybe you can tell me more on that?

Thanks!

B

bondgaurav21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is absolutely right decision for going allin here. The main aim of any MTT tourney player is to get an entry in final table and for that you have to become aggressive with over pairs in later stage with short stack. By doing that, you can collect huge pot with an over pair or if you lose then think it as a variation.

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
standard all in w/15 BB. There is no other way to play.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree all above. Just shove and isolate the loose player.

Just bad luck the other guy has the higher pair.