What is the name of this role play?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just checking and calling on earlier streets with a big hand is called a slowplay. Not to be confused with a slowroll, which is something entirely different :)

E

Endwarfin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like fundiver said Slow Play or Trap.

If you are viewed as a calling station, no one should bet into you unless they have k8, 8s full, or Ace King.

If you don't have a steady stream of new players, this would be a losing play. You need to bet with the nuts sometimes. Otherwise people will learn you never bet with the best possible hand.

It become easy to put your raise hands on draws.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't have a steady stream of new players, this would be a losing play. You need to bet with the nuts sometimes. Otherwise people will learn you never bet with the best possible hand.

OP did not share a full hand history including positions, stack sizes, preflop action and table dymanics if any. But in a vacuum with the information given I dont hate, how the hand was played.

On the flop its very much a way ahead way behind situation, especially if its a rainbow board. The opponent either have AK, KQ, KJ, K8 or 88, in which case we dont really want to get raised and potentially lose our entire stack. Or they dont have one of those hands, and then they are probably not paying us off, if we go bet, bet, bet. This is especially true, if we dont think, their range is wide enough to contain K2-K9.

Then on the turn we fill up, so now we are happy to play for stacks, but if we raise, they are probably going to fold all their draws, any airball bluff and perhaps even hands as strong as AA or QQ. So unless they just dont have a fold button, we only get action from very strong hands like AK, KQ, KJ, K9 or 88, that we coolered, and we will get action from those hands on the river anyway.

E

Endwarfin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn K K 8 T
im calling station :) whit full house

This is the thought I was constructing my opinion from.

OP did not share a full hand history including positions, stack sizes, preflop action and table dymanics if any. But in a vacuum with the information given I dont hate, how the hand was played.

On the flop its very much a way ahead way behind situation, especially if its a rainbow board. The opponent either have AK, KQ, KJ, K8 or 88, in which case we dont really want to get raised and potentially lose our entire stack. Or they dont have one of those hands, and then they are probably not paying us off, if we go bet, bet, bet. This is especially true, if we dont think, their range is wide enough to contain K2-K9.

Then on the turn we fill up, so now we are happy to play for stacks, but if we raise, they are probably going to fold all their draws, any airball bluff and perhaps even hands as strong as AA or QQ. So unless they just dont have a fold button, we only get action from very strong hands like AK, KQ, KJ, K9 or 88, that we coolered, and we will get action from those hands on the river anyway.

Your analysis is great, as usual.

I read (maybe too much) into the post. To me it sounds like preferred play style thing with 3 or 4 players in the pot. To clarify that point, I think it is a -EV play in a vacuum. We don't know suits, or the river, we aren't heads up, I think a turn bet almost always prints more money.

Also, we cant just plan to shove the river on every card no matter what.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read (maybe too much) into the post. To me it sounds like preferred play style thing with 3 or 4 players in the pot. To clarify that point, I think it is a -EV play in a vacuum. We don't know suits, or the river, we aren't heads up, I think a turn bet almost always prints more money. Also, we cant just plan to shove the river on every card no matter what.

For more detailed analysis we really need the actual hand history, which unfortunately OP did not provide. For instance you talk about "turn bet", but someone else bet the turn, so the choise was between calling or raising, not letting it get checked through.

N

niceboy69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my hand is K T
flop K K 8
At this moment I am checking
i am waiting for them to raise the bet
Turn K K 8 T
im calling station :) whit full house