$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Shouldnt we have an IQ test to get admitted to register at pokerplatforms?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Shouldnt we have an IQ test to get admitted to register at pokerplatforms?

Replay this hand on CardsChat
Well the next hand I was at BB and look what happend
Mind you that a couple of days ago, new player at CS admitted to using flopzilla while playing at PS, and la cerise sur le gâteau is that the PW is getting leaked week in and week out.
Here is how I picture Cardschat, a nice neighborhood bar where everyone is welcome as long they abide by the rules, however, once a week a bunch hooligans are given the key to strike terror, break chairs, spill out beers, in a nutshell turn the bar upside down. the ones that want to have a quiet evening drinking a glass of wine while playing poker to improve their game are quiet distraught by the mathematical anomalies that pop up anywhere, anytime, whom have got no interest in playing or improving the game, but to either go allin OOP with junk, or worse, call allins with junk.
I really do hope, somehow, anyhow that things go back as they were a few months back and I, or rather we can have nice poker evenings.
The hands above are not study material, you cannot understand Kirchoff´s only because you bought nice boots, or have a PhD in the Psychology of rotten Mango.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unlucky table draw for you.
I just can say don't let some silly moves let you down under the bus. A7s is not the exact hand from BB which will catch your villains unexpected directions. Just play their game if you wanna see a flop, and call this 4bbs, no need to open the doors for them for a double-up with this kind of medio hand cause they were forcing themselves to an early lead here.
Moreover, if they keep continue this attitude through the night, sooner or later there will be a competitve hand which will bust their weak connectors.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play the CC freerolls daily anymore like I used to (ACR, BO, SB), havent played every day for even an entire month since June 2021 so I cant speak how normal this is on a daily basis but when I do play I do see this more often than in the past. I think its your, our job as we think we are decent players to adjust to this. Put notes on the players that are doing this and add to the notes when you see them do it a second, third, etc. time. Then adjust your calling ranges to their jams accordingly.

I dont like calling all in with AQ myself but there are certain CC players that I would do against with less than AQ. So in this spot put the notes on them and if they do this again you should be calling knowing you are generally ahead of their range and are in a decent spot to triple up.

I am with you I wish everyone would take it seriously vs the existing 85% or so (just a guess on that figure) that take it seriously currently but thats poker. We cant control how others play their hands so all we can do is play our hand the best vs how we believe they are playing theirs.

W

White664

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people god

de negreanu
abanicar

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you risking almost all of your chips with A7s?

take him out by outplaying him post-flop deep stack not by flipping

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I get nervous, I lose concentration with these bingueiros, most of the time they don't even have connectors, it's all or nothing

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL that happens every night on the ACR Cardschat freerolls!! We'll also have 1/3 of the folks register during the day but don't show up. I was at 2 tables or 3 tables during that tourn yesterday that had half of the people sitting out last night on ACR.

I have no idea what you think of these folks in the Cardschat freerolls are about.

Most play like that because they don't have a clue about starting hands and want to win money but oooh by the way, they're not consistent winners at whatever level they play. So it makes zero sense to play for money when you're just going to give it up anyway but whatever its their option.

So you end up with folks playing every hand i.e the calling stations, the aggressive donks i.e the ones playing every hand but raising it because they don't know starting hands and scared to death to play a flop then you have a few tight players who try to take the games seriously and then there are a very few folks that actually have a clue what they're doing.

Worst thing is when the aggressive donk keeps getting called by the calling stations and they keep feeding the clueless aggressive donks then I have to deal with the aggressive donk when they have a monster chip stack and suck out on me.

I've played a few of these Cardchats freerolls on ACR and one on Pstars and there were very few players taking the game seriously. So I have no idea what you're expecting. That hand sums up what I've seen when I play the Cardschat freerolls going back to Jan 2022 and why I don't play too many of them.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Complain much? This is in a freeroll, correct? Sorry, no sympathy for you.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well the next hand I was at BB and look what happend
Mind you that a couple of days ago, new player at CS admitted to using flopzilla while playing at PS, and la cerise sur le gâteau is that the PW is getting leaked week in and week out.
Here is how I picture Cardschat, a nice neighborhood bar where everyone is welcome as long they abide by the rules, however, once a week a bunch hooligans are given the key to strike terror, break chairs, spill out beers, in a nutshell turn the bar upside down. the ones that want to have a quiet evening drinking a glass of wine while playing poker to improve their game are quiet distraught by the mathematical anomalies that pop up anywhere, anytime, whom have got no interest in playing or improving the game, but to either go allin OOP with junk, or worse, call allins with junk.
I really do hope, somehow, anyhow that things go back as they were a few months back and I, or rather we can have nice poker evenings.
The hands above are not study material, you cannot understand Kirchoff´s only because you bought nice boots, or have a PhD in the Psychology of rotten Mango.

First of all, I'd like to point out that my following comment is not intended to make fun of anyone nor teach anyone. What I am going to write here is actually based on my own experience, as I had exactly the same feeling towards such spots a few years ago.

Let's start by evaluating the entire picture:
You open from UTG with AQo, a guy next to you 3-bet jamms all-in (approx 100bb), and another player cold-calls his jam. So you make a very discipline fold (which is actually quite impressive considering it's a freeroll tournament). But then you see their rubbish hands, which you would have beaten (that actually not going to happen very often, AQ is not that much of a favorite 3-ways), and apparently, you went on a tilt. And you may disagree as much as you want, that was tilt, and it's a fact. Because in the 2nd hand, you make a terrible jam with A7s for no reason. I strongly doubt that a player who is capable of laying down AQ in a bad spot, is the same player who would put it in with A7 the very next hand. It has to be because of a tilt.

So in other words, the "bad" players dragged you into their game. And this is what you should be concentrating on in my opinion. No matter how bad your opponents are playing, you still need to play well in order to beat them. Otherwise, your edge becomes non-existant and the game turnes into "playing the chicken game" with variance.

P.S.
To be fair, it's also noteworthy that those "bad" players are not necessarily bad. We don't know what was their reasoning (if there was any reasoning at all). Remember, even pro players decide to make crazy gambles sometimes just for the sake of fun. At the end of a day, it is a freeroll tournament, so it's not even a gamble for them.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, I'd like to point out that my following comment is not intended to make fun of anyone nor teach anyone. What I am going to write here is actually based on my own experience, as I had exactly the same feeling towards such spots a few years ago.

Let's start by evaluating the entire picture:
You open from UTG with AQo, a guy next to you 3-bet jamms all-in (approx 100bb), and another player cold-calls his jam. So you make a very discipline fold (which is actually quite impressive considering it's a freeroll tournament). But then you see their rubbish hands, which you would have beaten (that actually not going to happen very often, AQ is not that much of a favorite 3-ways), and apparently, you went on a tilt. And you may disagree as much as you want, that was tilt, and it's a fact. Because in the 2nd hand, you make a terrible jam with A7s for no reason. I strongly doubt that a player who is capable of laying down AQ in a bad spot, is the same player who would put it in with A7 the very next hand. It has to be because of a tilt.

So in other words, the "bad" players dragged you into their game. And this is what you should be concentrating on in my opinion. No matter how bad your opponents are playing, you still need to play well in order to beat them. Otherwise, your edge becomes non-existant and the game turnes into "playing the chicken game" with variance.

P.S.
To be fair, it's also noteworthy that those "bad" players are not necessarily bad. We don't know what was their reasoning (if there was any reasoning at all). Remember, even pro players decide to make crazy gambles sometimes just for the sake of fun. At the end of a day, it is a freeroll tournament, so it's not even a gamble for them.

Yes, you are right, I went on tilt and was fuming like you wouldnt know, but you know, sometimes they are living rent free inside your head

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well when i was younger i did an iq test and it was 140 so i think i would have no problems passing if i adopted this criterion lol Now back to your revolt on the opponents hands . I think like this all hands are playable and in the short term everything is possible. In the long run you can see which strategy is a winner and which is a loser. See how I look at them when I see them playing hands that are considered rubbish. can stay alive in the tournament for as long as necessary. I hope I helped you lol ;):D