$Freeroll NLHE MTT: set of Q's, was this the right play?

S

slenesm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn't using tracking software, but Villain was in a lot of pots during my time at the table with him. I would guess VP$IP~ 35 - 50 at 9-handed table.
villain has 14926 chips
hero has 41333 chips

hero posts BB - 600
villain posts SB - 300

~Hero dealt - [Jh][Qs]
all fold except 1 guy before button limps, and SB limps.
Hero raises 2BB - 1200
villain and other call.
~Flop : [Qh][7c][3d]
checks to hero.
hero bets - 1800
other guy folds
villain - calls 1800
~turn : [Qh][7c][3d][Qc]
check, check
~river : [Qh][7c][3d][Qc][10s]
villain bets 2400
hero raises 12000
villain calls- all in
~showdown : villain has [3h][3c] , takes the pot with full house

should I have known enough to put him on a full house after his bet on the river?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just check pre-flop, you are making the pot bigger for yourself which is great if you have a value hand which this nearly is, however the fact you will be OOP vs the button limper means that you really just want to keep this small, but if you are going to raise, raise an amount that either takes the pot preflop or gets at least one fold. But, yeah, usually just keeping it simple and checking is the best way to go.

postflop is fine, just a cooler from the turn onwards nothing you can do. i like the way you played it.

Archer_eSp

Archer_eSp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agree whit @WiZZim, raise bigger preflop ~2000 or just check it
btw thats trips, not a set

"A 'Set' is another term for three of a kind. In Texas Hold'em, it usually means a player's pocket pair has matched a card on the board to make the three of a kind."

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll only check preflop, because QJo hand not for value, also not have fold equity, villains 80% in cases call your raise, and postflop you will play without position.

In flop you can check because board very wet and most of the time all fold when you bet..

In turn we need call, because in freeroll many players can shove with two pair or not higher trips..

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typical play.

Nicely played but at the river, you should use your time more in analyzing the sequence on what probable hand his holding- 33 or 77 is likely fitted to it.