$Freeroll NLHE MTT: $ NLHE MTT TTP vs button open limper shoving over Cbet

S

SoFarSoWhat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NLHE MTT-TTP all-in spot on wet board, shove by button limper

What do you think the best play would be in this scenario (early stage mtt), should you be all-in pre-flop here with 13bb? Fold the J10o pre-flop oop? Limp in or do you think the play was correct?

The button is loose passive and limped all hands thus far and the BB is also LP with high cbet fold %

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP3 (t895)
CO (t2,685)
Button (t2,440)
Hero (SB) (t1,995)
BB (t1,532)
UTG (t825)
UTG+1 (t5,228)
MP1 (t805)
MP2 (t2,395)

Hero's M: 8.87

Preflop: Hero is SB with Jh, 10s
6 folds, Button calls t150, Hero raises to t450, BB calls t300, Button calls t300

Flop: (t1,350) 9c, 10d, Jc (3 players)
Hero bets t445, 1 fold, Button raises to t1,990 (All-In), Hero calls t1,100 (All-In)

Turn: (t4,440) 4h (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t4,440) 8c (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t4,440

Results:
Button had 9s, 7s (straight, Jack high).
Hero had Jh, 10s (two pair, Jacks and tens).
Outcome: Button won t4,440

Last edited:
PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you played this hand i would shove the flop , youre cbet is very small with that drawing flop

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop - with 13BB think your raise is the worst option you could take. You know the villain tendencies and are almost certain to be called and then be OOP with a marginal hand. Not something I would normally say but I don't mind a limp along here given the reads on villains but fold or shove would be best.

Flop - as played why are you not shoving on this flop? You bet 1/3 of the pot when you have less than the pot remaining. This makes no sense on such a draw heavy board as, chances are, both villains have got some sort of draw. Even if villain had just called there would then be ~ 2240 in the pot and you would have 655 behind. When you shove the turn villain is getting ~ 5:1 on a call which prices in virtually all of his drawing hands so he would have seen the river regardless. Not sure I get the villain's shove but you obviously have to call.

Ultimately hero seems to get unlucky but really it was self inflicted.

S

SoFarSoWhat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly i appreciate the replies. I now see the obvious errors in my play and i think the raise (definitely the worst option) somehow formulated from questioning whether a limp was okay here or to just shove.

Anyway lesson learned.

I'm new to poker and this feedback from knowledgeable players is invaluable, so many thanks.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 13bb easy fold preflop, no raise because you will play OOP and short stack, shove also no JT marginal hand.

About postflop with short stack only shove two pair.