Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - 75/150 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+1: 6.67 BB (VPIP: 36.36, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 11)
MP+2: 67.63 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
CO: 8.27 BB (VPIP: 27.45, PFR: 20.41, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 52)
Hero (BTN): 82.73 BB
SB: 77.53 BB (VPIP: 75.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
BB: 33.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
UTG: 18.45 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG+1: 98.07 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
MP: 21.87 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has 7:club: 6:club:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, MP calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, BB checks

Flop: (5.9 BB, 5 players) 4:heart: 5:spade: Q:club:
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, SB calls 1 BB, fold, fold

Turn: (8.9 BB, 3 players) 8:heart:
SB checks, MP bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB calls 2 BB, MP calls 1 BB

River: (14.9 BB, 3 players) 8:diamond:
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 4.97 BB, SB raises to 73.43 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

SB wins 24.83 BB

Typically in a freeroll I'm not folding any hands 2 pair or better unless maybe there is a 4 flush on the board....but in this situation we're deep in the freeroll 166 remain of 861 players and the players in this hand were playing reasonably; no apparent maniacs at the table.

what do we think? too nitty of a fold on my part? I realize he could be overvaluing an 8, but his passiveness just screamed that he flopped a set and rivered a boat. I think he has almost 0% bluffs in his range so the question in my mind is whether he can be value betting a worse hand?

The other consideration is that prior to the start of this hand I'm 4th in chips in the whole tourney, so I don't feel a need to risk 90% of my stack right here...

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too passive throughout IMO.

Limp preflop = bad.

Turn minraise = bad.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too passive throughout IMO.

Limp preflop = bad.

Turn minraise = bad.

well, I limped on the button with a speculative hand in a multiway pot. I don't think that's bad at all. Especially since the first limper is an UTG limper and you have to be especially wary of UTG limps, IMO as some players are looking to spring a trap. I'd rather play a small pot in position and take my chance to stack the AA or AK that might be limping rather than inflate a huge pot with 7 high and possibly have to fold preflop. My options in that spot are basically limp along or fold as a raise is never taking it down in a freeroll like this.

I can agree with you on the turn, I could have raised bigger. But, it's a pretty safe board for a straight and I felt I could earn more by keeping both players in the pot. But, what would you suggest for an optimal raise size on the turn?

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played: fold river! - we have edge of the field, right? :D

I have to agree atlantafalcons0 - too passive, we are deep!

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played: fold river! - we have edge of the field, right? :D

I have to agree atlantafalcons0 - too passive, we are deep!

that's why I folded, essentially. And yes, I have an edge on the field. As I type this, I'm still alive in this freeroll actually! :)

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, I limped on the button with a speculative hand in a multiway pot. I don't think that's bad at all. Especially since the first limper is an UTG limper and you have to be especially wary of UTG limps, IMO as some players are looking to spring a trap. I'd rather play a small pot in position and take my chance to stack the AA or AK that might be limping rather than inflate a huge pot with 7 high and possibly have to fold preflop. My options in that spot are basically limp along or fold as a raise is never taking it down in a freeroll like this.

I can agree with you on the turn, I could have raised bigger. But, it's a pretty safe board for a straight and I felt I could earn more by keeping both players in the pot. But, what would you suggest for an optimal raise size on the turn?

Raise for value, 6-10 bb's.

I really don't like limping at all preflop, the button is the best place to raise and you have position on everyone. If you are limping in fear of getting a 3bet from the utg player you should probably just fold this hand preflop anyway instead of limping. For me, this is a simple fold preflop. My second best option is to raise on the button preflop. As played on the turn - I'm raising right around pot, maybe more. As played on the river, i'm folding as well.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's why I folded, essentially. And yes, I have an edge on the field. As I type this, I'm still alive in this freeroll actually! :)

Good luck hope you will get reward :thrasher:

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll easy call, many people can shove trips or two pairs, very often will be full house here..

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck hope you will get reward :thrasher:

took 3rd. thanks for the well wishes.

as it turned out I later learned that player was extremely passive so I most likely folded the 2nd best hand.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping here is totally fine preflop

However def wanna go for a little more value on the turn here. Don't really get the fold on the river, it's a freeroll and we have a straight, pretty sure you levelled yourself here as he can certainly be overvaluing and bluffing and doing whatever here with a lot of differant hands which are basically impossible to read. So ya, just keep it real simple in these spots and just jam all those chips in.