$Freeroll NLHE MTT: JJ CUT OFF

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament, Blinds: t10/t20 Conversor de Mãos

6 players
den_intrance (SB): t1,350 ( M:45.00 )
SHMATYARULIT (BB): t865 ( M:28.83 )
seregvi (UTG): t1,590 ( M:53.00 )
aev76 (MP): t2,255 ( M:75.17 )
es747 (CO): t1,470 ( M:49.00 )
Semochki (BTN): t1,470 ( M:49.00 )

Hero is CO with J
hearts.gif
, J
clubs.gif

Preflop: ( t30 )
seregvi calls t20, aev76 calls t20, es747 raises to t120, 2 folds, SHMATYARULIT calls t100, seregvi calls t100, aev76 calls t100

Flop: ( t490 ) K
clubs.gif
, 2
hearts.gif
, K
diamonds.gif
(4 players)
SHMATYARULIT checks, seregvi bets t480, 1 fold, es747 calls t480, 1 fold

Turn: ( t1,450 ) 6
diamonds.gif
(2 players)
seregvi bets t990 ( all-in ), es747 calls t870 all-in

River: ( t3,190 ) A
hearts.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Hello guys , received the pair of jacks on cut-off .How you guys can to see ,appears two kings on flop ,the villain make a donk bet pot. I was wondering, what is the reason for it have done it ? It makes no sense and paid on the flop, so he was all-in on the turn and paid well, for me not make any sense, he played that way, as it gave pre flop limp, and call in my raise out of position.

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you did right, i bet one of them had KQ, what was the result?

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The play is good,you cant fold on the flop and turn with that donk bet,can have something like small pocketpairs or A2

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you did right, i bet one of them had KQ, what was the result?

I'm gonna wait more one little bit, for have more opinions. thank you by the his. After go back here , for know the result .

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks good, though your gonna run into Kx a decent amount since he's betting so hard (yes players do this a lot when they hit)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold flop, he bet very many in multiway pot, it looks very strong..This is only the beginning of the tournament and it makes no sense to play in this marginal situation, fold would be the best solution. In this situation, you can make a lot of mistakes.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold flop, he bet very many in multiway pot, it looks very strong..This is only the beginning of the tournament and it makes no sense to play in this marginal situation, fold would be the best solution. In this situation, you can make a lot of mistakes.

in tournament free , not see strength on mode in that it played. there were two pair on flop , it was out of position ,not was the aggressor in hand ,and made a donk,and bet , yet on value of pot . made all wrong ,maybe if not it was tournament free would respected the action his.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In normal tournament flat call or standard 3bet with JJ is OK. But this is only freeroll and I play in this 3bet/all becouse many players call me and even flip here is too OK to me.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, by calling the flop bet we are committing 41% of our chips into this hand. We could fold, but that decision would have to be made depending on our read on this specific opponent. In this situation (with no reads vs an average player in a freeroll), if you are going to call the flop bet, you might as well shove IMO.

My point being, once you call the flop bet are you ever folding the turn? If no, then shoving the flop is the right move. If you're folding to an ace or a queen on the turn - then you probably should just fold on the flop since you are committing so much of your stack with the flop call.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, by calling the flop bet we are committing 41% of our chips into this hand. We could fold, but that decision would have to be made depending on our read on this specific opponent. In this situation (with no reads vs an average player in a freeroll), if you are going to call the flop bet, you might as well shove IMO.

My point being, once you call the flop bet are you ever folding the turn? If no, then shoving the flop is the right move. If you're folding to an ace or a queen on the turn - then you probably should just fold on the flop since you are committing so much of your stack with the flop call.

yep.

you can't fold on this flop, so you may as well jam.

also, I would probably just jam preflop because it's a freeroll. In a regular tourney your preflop raise is fine, maybe just a little bit small but fine. in a freeroll you jam with JJ and you'll get called by like Q9 and A7 and 66 all day long. You'll have to fade an over or 2 but freerolls cannot be won without flipping.