$Freeroll NLHE MTT: How many mistakes were made and what would they be?

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to ask you how many errors and mistakes which the player with pocket aces committed during that hand? Thank U

poker stars Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament, Blinds: t125/t250, Ante: t25 Conversor de Mãos

9 players
UTG: t6,848 ( M:11.41 )
UTG+1: t15,478 ( M:25.80 )
UTG+2: t26,355 ( M:43.93 )
MP: t6,895 ( M:11.49 )
MP+1: t1,845 ( M:3.08 )
CO: t6,290 ( M:10.48 )
BTN: t15,427 ( M:25.71 )
SB: t9,584 ( M:15.97 )
Hero: t16,499 ( M:27.50 )

Hero is BB with 4
diamonds.gif
, 7
spades.gif

Preflop: ( t600 )
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t250, UTG+2 raises to t500, 4 folds, SB calls t375, Hero calls t250, UTG+1 calls t250

Flop: ( t2,225 ) A
spades.gif
, 4
clubs.gif
, 6
diamonds.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t250, UTG+2 calls t250, SB calls t250, Hero calls t250

Turn: ( t3,225 ) 7
diamonds.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t250, UTG+2 raises to t3,975, 1 fold, Hero calls t3,975, UTG+1 calls t3,725

River: ( t15,150 ) Q
diamonds.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks

Final Pot: t15,150
UTG+1 had A
clubs.gif
, K
spades.gif

UTG+2 had A
diamonds.gif
, A
hearts.gif

Hero had 4
diamonds.gif
, 7
spades.gif

UTG+2 collects t15,150 from pot

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
analyzing the thinking of 'non-thinking' players

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any mistakes on the part of the player with the aces.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any mistakes on the part of the player with the aces.
Well, I learned that even for a pair of aces, make only increase 1bb the initial limp is wrong because many players back into the pot, and so decreases the equity.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, I learned that even for a pair of aces, make only increase 1bb the initial limp is wrong because many players back into the pot,

He probably should've raised to 750 - 800 over the initial limper. (who knows.. maybe even more.. it is a freeroll. Also... who knows... maybe there's a couple of bad-aggros who might be induced to raise over his minraise over the limper.. so maybe his sizing was correct given the situation... idk?).

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably should've raised to 750 - 800 over the initial limper. (who knows.. maybe even more.. it is a freeroll. Also... who knows... maybe there's a couple of bad-aggros who might be induced to raise over his minraise over the limper.. so maybe his sizing was correct given the situation... idk?).
Yes .And on the flop, you do not think he made another mistake the he had to crack but the (4 6) could be a lost sequence, but he only paid 1 bb, he should not have increased here?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop, it really trash hand....

Mistake in turn, board already wet, you need bet around pot, because some one can call with draw or Ax....

In turn need bet for value around 30% of the pot , some one can call with Ax.....

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would u want to talk about his play and not yours? He managed to make someone with garbage to think he was ahead with two pairs. 60bb pot = close to full value

Last edited:
es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would u want to talk about his play and not yours? He managed to make someone with garbage to think he was ahead with two pairs. 60bb pot = close to full value

The villain of the error comes my profit I now see my mistakes, lack sees opponent's mistake, for it is coming my profit.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. "Hero"? Calling a raise/re-raise with that garbage? Then Calling the C-bet with only bottom pair? With 2 preflop aggressors? On that board? You did not have to tell me this was a freeroll. Come on, you had to know SOMEONE had at least an ace.

So, that being said, this hand is a perfect example of bad play by all. AA should have raised to the pot, at least; blinds should have then folded (come on, you cannot let 47 off go here?), then AK has a decision - flat, or 4-bet/shove. Then again, why limp UTG AK, unless you are intending to raise/shove a 3-bet? Just silly. Guess he thought he was "trapping" his opponents.

MAYBE if I had 47 suited on the button I might flat call these weak raises, but I'm not going crazy if I did call without hitting a st8! You have to assume the UTG players have big cards (AK,AA,KK,QQ), so only a st8 will do you. In the blinds, same thing. I'm looking for a hand that can beat two pair/sets, not looking to hit two pair at all.

Shoving after hitting bottom/middle 2 pair, well, lets get real; better hands will certainly call, maybe even an open-end draw might, and ANY ace leaves you open to having a bigger two-pair suck out if the board pairs on the river, counterfeiting your hand.

I see this so much in MTT games; Guys limp/call with huge hands, end up in a 4-5 way pot, and get felted by someone who only had to hit the "check" button preflop. I know; I have beat so many just in this way. I have flopped some really oddball st8's after checking my option only to have the "trapper" spew his chips off every street to me. (And usually gets mad at me after losing! ROFLMAO).

The funny thing is, had AA just shoved, AK certainly would have called. To lose is bad, to lose with 47 off is just embarrassing.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard to see pocket aces off an early min bet, especially seeing as this is a freeroll. A lot of the players in the don't get position, so assuming that players have stronger hands from UTG isn't necessarily true.

I would have folded the hand preflop, and I would have also folded it to the cbet. All players love aces. Freeroll players like any aces, so someone's got one. If i got to the turn, though, I would have been torn. I'd love the two pair, but i'd be scared with the sudden burst of betting that somebody hit a straight with a 58 or something, but it could also be something like A10 diamond. I'd probably call it. the play has been too slow to expect the rockets.

don't feel too bad, I've done far, far worse plays.