$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Early Tournament, Fold/Call/Raise?

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, the hand converter is not working for me for some reason. I tried to make it look nice and easy to read for everyone. I am early in a MTT, wondering what people would do in this situation...

Dealer: Seat 8
Seat 1: HuggiBear (825 in chips)
Seat 2: orawan480 (1,405 in chips)
Seat 3: Villian (4,275 in chips)
Seat 4: armydogg4444 (1,350 in chips)
Seat 5: robik73 (3,220 in chips)
Seat 7: gonebad4271 (1,325 in chips)
Seat 8: starr1212 (1,350 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero (2,190 in chips)
Seat 10: Third-Party (2,965 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind 25
Third Party: posts big blind 50
Dealt to Hero [Js,Td]
HuggiBear: folds
orawan480: folds
Villian: calls 50
armydogg4444: folds
robik73: folds
gonebad4271: folds
starr1212: folds
Hero: calls 25
Third Party
: checks
*** FLOP *** [8d,2d,Jh]
Hero: checks
Third Party
: bets 50
Villian: calls 50
Hero: calls 50
*** TURN *** [Jd]
Hero: checks
Third Party
: bets 100
Villian: raises to 600
Hero ???
What would you do? Please any input of how I played the hand up to this point, and what you would do at this point. Thanks :)

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why are you completing from sb?

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please feel free to ignore as I am only a very new player but I would have raised instead of completing the SB and would have bet on the flop and the river instead of checking.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Please feel free to ignore as I am only a very new player but I would have raised instead of completing the SB< why?and would have bet on the flop and the river instead of checking.
< don't think river was dealt in hand example??

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played probably call and see a river and try to fill up, he probably has a flush here or a J (how big is anyones guess), but i think based on the fact he limped pre flop is to bad to fold if we fill up on the river and then jam. This hand needs to be played more aggressively, either raise pre (which i would do) or bet the flop, or check raise it. I prefer betting, allowing you to check call that turn.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably folding pre. Raising is better than limping imo, but I think folding is best because from sb I prefer raising with stronger holdings than JTo.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
< don't think river was dealt in hand example??

Sorry - meant flop and turn.

I would have either folded or raised rather than completing the SB. If I raised then what I meant is that I would have bet on flop and turn.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not just a matter of what you did / should do, but also of what you were thinking each time. Why did you think completing was best pre-? Note that I'm not saying it wasn't, but asking what your thought process was to arrive at this decision?

Same on the flop. Why do you think checking was your best choice? Then, after the small bet and call, why did you feel calling was best?

The turn completes a possible flush, but if you're going to fold here, it begs the question as to why you let it be so cheap to draw to it on the flop.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completing pre is not terrible, but then you absolutely have to bet this flop.

As played: given the action and the fact that this is a freeroll I think you have to give at least one of them credit for a flush or better jack. Shoving is not going to scare anything away, calling to draw to a fill-up is too expensive, so you have to fold.

Folding in Poker