$Freeroll NLHE MTT: do u fold or call here

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was wondering whether my call here is right or wrong , he his a maniac ,who is shoving all the time ,almost every hand, u found this kind of guy every time in freeroll .its a hand from poker school open skill league .I had AKs and he open shove and seeing what he his doing on the table i found my cards are too good to fold here, i was wondering whether should i take the flip or not , i know i would be quite ahead in accordance with his hand range ,he his pretty loose , what u would have done here
when i checked my equity
AKs is 67% against the opponent random range

if opponent hand range is 60%
then too i am having 67% equity and 67% win percentage

here is the hand

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 10 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

BB (t7,420)
UTG (t4,250)
UTG+1 (t850)
MP1 (t7,500)
MP2 (t690)
MP3 (t570)
CO (t720)
Hero (Button) (t3,623)
SB (t6,466)

Hero's M: 13.42

Preflop: Hero is Button with K
club.gif
, A
club.gif

2 folds, MP1 raises to t7,490 (All-In), 3 folds, Hero calls t3,613 (All-In), 2 folds

Flop: (t7,496) K
spade.gif
, J
spade.gif
, 7
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t7,496) 4
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t7,496) Q
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t7,496

hero ???

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are times to fold AKs... This is not one of them!

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes the call was correct in that situation

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet u villain had 2s

BTW calling there that early i dont think right call. Guy is a nut could have anything why put tourney life up for im sorry to say fishing expedition

maybe after seeing the flop but never pre

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only shove that against him if i was 20 bigs or less why throw away 30 in that spot yes u double up but at least see the flop first

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll easy call, many players can shove broadway or suited connectors..

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here is the results , what actually happened

Results below:
Hero had K
club.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, Kings).
MP1 had 6
spade.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(flush, King high).
Outcome: MP1 won t7,496

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here is the results , what actually happened

Results below:
Hero had K
club.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, Kings).
MP1 had 6
spade.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(flush, King high).
Outcome: MP1 won t7,496

That's poker :D He was just lucky, but against these players you will always be ahead in the distance.

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The results suck, however I make that call against an aggro maniac in a free roll every time.

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a freeroll it's played well, but in other tournaments it's close.. 30bb you're not very often in front , most of the time flipping.

Here it's correct , he shoved 67 you lost , nothing you can do about it.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against such a player, I might call with any of these holding {66+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+}. That said, I would not risk it in the late stages of the game.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet u villain had 2s

BTW calling there that early i dont think right call. Guy is a nut could have anything why put tourney life up for im sorry to say fishing expedition

Cause that's what you have to do to win a tournament.

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet u villain had 2s

hmm, what ur saying is correct, its a big risk calling and putting my tourney line here , i was wondering if i had covered him marginally would a call here possible .. if i had double of his stack then a call would be no problem here i guess ,and also with AA,KK .. other pair like QQ,JJ,TT would be taking a flip here

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with TT+, you're a big dog, not flipping!

hmm, what ur saying is correct, its a big risk calling and putting my tourney line here , i was wondering if i had covered him marginally would a call here possible .. if i had double of his stack then a call would be no problem here i guess ,and also with AA,KK .. other pair like QQ,JJ,TT would be taking a flip here

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

if the tables were turned and you were ahead i would only call if I was left with about 20 bigs left, remeber your only into the 3rd or 4th blind level. you have tons of time to pick them chips up later when you have a better hand. I don't like calling shoves on these type players, i'd rather at least see a flop then jam on him

(Than again sometimes i let my ego play a roll and call n get crushed)

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the tables were turned and you were ahead i would only call if I was left with about 20 bigs left, remeber your only into the 3rd or 4th blind level. you have tons of time to pick them chips up later when you have a better hand. I don't like calling shoves on these type players, i'd rather at least see a flop then jam on him

(Than again sometimes i let my ego play a roll and call n get crushed)

Tons of time? Better hand? My god, you people. Have you learned nothing?

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tons of time? Better hand? My god, you people. Have you learned nothing?

I honestly can't believe there is a discussion here. In this situation with this villain this is a call every single time. What hands is he open shoving 60BB that AKs is behind? The answer is none!!!! He's a maniac who's probably a bit drunk and just having fun going all-in and getting lucky... and it's a freeroll ffs.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could certainly fold AK if you thought the player was solid and only raised with a big pair; against a maniac it's impossible to get away from it, even if they appear to be on a heater.

I have seen this many times where a loon just open shoves every hand and seems to win every one. The only consolation is they usually do not cash as they just get a rush out of beating better hands over and over and keep doing it. Eventually they start running into AA/KK and lose big.

That being said, often players will see the maniac and start calling as light as he is shoving. This leads to disaster, as the maniac seems to be on a roll or a luckbox. It's hard to constantly beat big hands with weak holdings for long, and I notice they often instead get guys with the freeroll mentality and equally crappy hands - that's really how they make a big stack.

This is one spot you might want to limp a big hand where possible because they know what they are doing and will actually fold to your shove if you have been folding a lot - they are not stupid, just close to it.

This is why open freerolls can suck. It's not poker, it's tanks at twenty paces.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Key word: freeroll

There's no way I'm folding AK pre in a freeroll, I don't care if it's the first hand of the first level, it's a snap call.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All day long, its an easy call. It would be a different story if he is a rock or a TA.

Since you mention hes a maniac and 67% advantage against random hand, no hesitation at all and just snap call.

Folding in Poker