$Freeroll NLHE MTT: CC freeroll mid-tourney with AJ suited

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a CC freeroll, I had just under 5000 chips, in 10th place. Blinds were 150/300 with 19 players left. Top 10 cash.

I get AsJs at UTG+2. I raised to 1000. Everyone folds but BB, who calls.

Flop is 6sTcJd. BB leads out with a min 300 bet.

What should I do here? Could be a QK draw, could be 66, could be AT, AJ? What should I do with a TPTK but vulnerable hand here against a weird min bet from a guy who has me covered? The guy only moved to my tables a few hands ago and I've never played him before.

I have about 4000 chips left. There's about 2500 chips out there.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a CC freeroll, I had just under 5000 chips, in 10th place. Blinds were 150/300 with 19 players left. Top 10 cash.

I get AsJs at UTG+2. I raised to 1000. Everyone folds but BB, who calls.

Flop is 6sTcJd. BB leads out with a min 300 bet.

What should I do here? Could be a QK draw, could be 66, could be AT, AJ? What should I do with a TPTK but vulnerable hand here against a weird min bet from a guy who has me covered? The guy only moved to my tables a few hands ago and I've never played him before.

I have about 4000 chips left. There's about 2500 chips out there.

Well I come from the School of Madness in the CC Free Rolls (Take my Advice with a Grain of Salt)....The Donk Min Bet is a way for them to let you know I ain't going no where/Price them-selves in for calling the RR while on a Draw And/Or a way to set up the Automatic RR A.I shove with say 2 pair hands....My advice As I had stated (Is at best 50-50)...I would in this Case RR to 1K again.....Now when you do this this player will Either A)Call B)Fold C)RR D)Auto Shove....So now if it's A) and they call, I would Re-Evaluate on the turn, B)Is always good C)RR I would Fold D) I would Also Fold....But I would not Fold on the Flop to them at all...

Now I said to RR and to Fold to there RRR If it happens...I'm only saying this for the simple fact that depending on the amount of time they use to make there decision would be an Indicator of there hand...So In a way to me, that means that if say they have a real monster hand, say 10J-10/3-J3 or a set of 3s these hands are still vulnerable so they would make it seem as if they have a big decision while using the T.B, also they would really RRAI automatically to make it seem really fishy with 2 pair hands, so in this case I'd still lean towards a fold......

So my Final answer for the hand is RR, find out where you stand in the hand, and Fold to a Shove.....And the RR doesn't really have to be all that big:) ...

Hope I somewhat helped

M

mjo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So my Final answer for the hand is RR,
find out where you stand in the hand,....

right..
if you are not willing to "find out where you stand" at that point,
& just call, it is probably not gonna get any easier on the next street

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$700-$750 pre.

as played shove flop

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well I come from the School of Madness in the CC Free Rolls (Take my Advice with a Grain of Salt)....
if say they have a real monster hand, say 10J-10/3-J3
You honestly put T3 & J3 in villain's range here?!?!?! HERO raised big from eMP with a <17bb stack ('too big' of raise pre btw) & you think villain's gonna defend BB with T3 & J3? < that is Madness

OP, as played, never folding this postflop > ship it! (& note villain for next time... "def BB LL to big rs, > mindonks flop? wtf?).

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$700-$750 pre.

as played shove flop

I mostly play cash, and I notice that in tourneys a lot more ppl raise less than 3BB. Is that the proper raise in tourneys?

I must be raising too much pre (usually 3BB or slightly more) all this time.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3Xing is huge huge spew unless you anticipate getting jammed on a ton and plan on never b/f. If you're going to put in 20% of your stack pre, you might as well open jam. If you get called any kind of cbet is going to pot commit you.

If you watch the wsop ME, almost all raises late in the tournament are 2-2.5x. (There was this one old nit at the 10-handed table who raise 3x a lot.)

If you're a cash player, you're probably better postflop than 98% of the players you see in MTTs, so you want to have as much postflop maneuverability as possible.

Last edited: