thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 22/12/2.1

I don't know if I played this wrong, or if I was lucky not to go broke (or both).

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1qHe29K

Game Hand #534391784 - Tournament #22147109 - Holdem(No Limit) - Level 5 (75.00/150.00)- 2020/10/01 00:48:58 UTC
Table '6' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: thehangdude (6389.00)
Seat 2: Mhut (6510.00)
Seat 3: cyrogenic1 (3593.00)
Seat 4: Redrydinhood (9373.00)
Seat 5: Tbone461 (1605.00)
Seat 6: PATVALSHARK (1434.00)
Seat 7: MTCashman (2025.00)
Seat 8: Chief talking bull (4213.00)
Seat 9: Bigflopper (3660.00)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Main pot 135.00
Dealt to thehangdude [Jd Ks]
Tbone461 folds
PATVALSHARK folds
MTCashman folds
Chief talking bull folds
Bigflopper calls 150.00
thehangdude calls 150.00
Mhut calls 150.00
cyrogenic1 folds
Redrydinhood checks
*** FLOP *** [Td 6c Js]
Main pot 810.00
Redrydinhood checks
Bigflopper checks
thehangdude bets 405.00
Mhut folds
Redrydinhood raises 1215.00 to 1215.00
Bigflopper folds
thehangdude calls 810.00
*** TURN *** [Td 6c Js] 5♠
Main pot 3240.00
Redrydinhood bets 810.00
thehangdude calls 810.00
*** RIVER *** [Td 6c Js 5s] J♣
Main pot 4860.00
Redrydinhood bets 1215.00
thehangdude calls 1215.00
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Main pot 7290.00
thehangdude shows [Jd Ks] (three of a kind, Set of Jacks [Js Jd Jc Ks Td])
Redrydinhood shows [Tc Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks [Ts Td Tc Js Jc])
Redrydinhood collected 7290.00 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7290.00
Board [Td 6c Js 5s Jc]
Seat 1: thehangdude showed [Jd Ks] and lost with three of a kind, Set of Jacks [Js Jd Jc Ks Td]
Seat 4: Redrydinhood (big blind) showed [Tc Ts] and won 7290.00 with a full house, Tens full of Jacks [Ts Td Tc Js Jc]

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many might tear into you here because you over limped, I will not be one of them. I don't mind just calling here as raising might open the door for a 22BB stack to 3 bet jam in this spot. I am trying to think of villains stats off the top of my head and cant which do make a difference here but we cant call any 3 bets here with KJ off in my opinion and we are good position other than one possible other player. I like just calling here and more than likely getting to see a flop. Against a deeper stack than 20 BB we can raise here but in this case calling is what I would do as well.

Totally agree with your bet on the flop and then when we get raised we have of course have to think about what is raising us. Big Blind could have any two cards here so 106 is possible, sets possible and so are a lot of draws. I don't think air does this (especially since we play in these everyday so we are somewhat familiar with our opponents) so I think this is actually a fairly close decision to calling or folding here. That seems tight for sure but if its big hand or draw I am winning 2/3rds the time its a draw and losing almost all the time when it is a big hand. I see nothing wrong with the call though and against some opponents would be calling this a lot.

The turn completely throws me off in watching the hand replayer. When I see that sizing from villain I am putting them on a draw because their big hands should be betting larger for value and their draws might want to make a blocker bet instead of checking when they miss so they can see the river for as cheap as possible. As played I would actually consider small raising the BB so that we might be able to control them on the river and make our river decision easier (turns out that play would have made the river harder). Calling is fine though just cant see folding to that small of a bet there on the turn,

The river as played shows why you are one of the best in these freerolls. Many players would be like, I have trips I am jamming over. We, as you did, have to think about what the villain could have here. They either have a draw that didn't come in or they have set or two pair. We beat two pair now but we lose to sets and missed draws aren't giving us any more anyway. I wouldn't think in game it is a missed draw because the bet as a bluff on the river would be more. I would think they have a set or 106. We beat 106, lose to the sets but the price is crazy good so I would just call here as you did. Crazy bet sizings on the turn and river for a set which turned into a boat but those bet sizings saved you money. It might have sucked you into the hand more with the small turn bet but the river would be a tough decision if the bet sizing was higher.

I think a well played hand that many players do wind up going broke on when they dont have to be going broke.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont agree with the preflop limp. Yes we might get 3-bet, if we raise, but we can also get isolated, if we limp, and if nobody puts in a raise, then big blind is allowed to realise all his equity for free. I would much rather occationally have to fold to a 3-bet in return for all the advantages, which raising preflop gives me. I also dont think, people are 3-betting that aggressive in a freeroll in general. Same goes for 1-5$ MTTs. If people are good enough to have a high 3-bet percentage, then limped pots will generally not happen, so it kind of solves itself.

I think, postflop is played very well. Once you get raised on the flop, its generally very dangerous to get aggressive again later without the nuts, and getting to a cheap showdown should often be your priority. The opponent completely butchered the hand and lost a lot of value with his sizing. And rather than play the opponents hand for him, we should of course be happy to let him make mistakes :)

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree mostly with guys. I don't like playing hand kjo in limped pot with 2 or 3 players. In limped pot sometimes very dangerous can be player on big blind, because most hands he will check and he will see the flop for free. So with player on the big blind everything is possible. As 300HPGOD said, not only T6 is possible here, in this situation even J6 is possible. So sometimes when player from big blind raise us in limped pot on the flop, I think we have to respect his move and even with top pair can be too weak. If we call the flop and later call small bet on the turn, on the river we have to call with three of kind, because bet on the river is small, our hand on the river is too strong to his small bet and I think that it is worth to risk. GL :)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind the way that you played this hand.

The overlimp in CC freerolls is OK, as you will get away with it more often than not.

Once villain raises flop, you switch into call mode, and given villain's small sizing, you get to showdown with your strong, but 2nd best hand.

And you still have chips.

Unlucky, but well played.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I believe it's player dependent. If villian had been playing tight I'd probably fold. If villian was playing many hands I'd be more inclined to call down. He could have a straight draw or a worse jack. When you hit trips on the river I don't think you can fold or it would be hard to get away at that point is what I mean

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 22/12/2.1

I don't know if I played this wrong, or if I was lucky not to go broke (or both).

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1qHe29K

Game Hand #534391784 - Tournament #22147109 - Holdem(No Limit) - Level 5 (75.00/150.00)- 2020/10/01 00:48:58 UTC
Table '6' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: thehangdude (6389.00)
Seat 2: Mhut (6510.00)
Seat 3: cyrogenic1 (3593.00)
Seat 4: Redrydinhood (9373.00)
Seat 5: Tbone461 (1605.00)
Seat 6: PATVALSHARK (1434.00)
Seat 7: MTCashman (2025.00)
Seat 8: Chief talking bull (4213.00)
Seat 9: Bigflopper (3660.00)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Main pot 135.00
Dealt to thehangdude [Jd Ks]
Tbone461 folds
PATVALSHARK folds
MTCashman folds
Chief talking bull folds
Bigflopper calls 150.00
thehangdude calls 150.00
Mhut calls 150.00
cyrogenic1 folds
Redrydinhood checks
*** FLOP *** [Td 6c Js]
Main pot 810.00
Redrydinhood checks
Bigflopper checks
thehangdude bets 405.00
Mhut folds
Redrydinhood raises 1215.00 to 1215.00
Bigflopper folds
thehangdude calls 810.00
*** TURN *** [Td 6c Js] 5♠
Main pot 3240.00
Redrydinhood bets 810.00
thehangdude calls 810.00
*** RIVER *** [Td 6c Js 5s] J♣
Main pot 4860.00
Redrydinhood bets 1215.00
thehangdude calls 1215.00
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Main pot 7290.00
thehangdude shows [Jd Ks] (three of a kind, Set of Jacks [Js Jd Jc Ks Td])
Redrydinhood shows [Tc Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks [Ts Td Tc Js Jc])
Redrydinhood collected 7290.00 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7290.00
Board [Td 6c Js 5s Jc]
Seat 1: thehangdude showed [Jd Ks] and lost with three of a kind, Set of Jacks [Js Jd Jc Ks Td]
Seat 4: Redrydinhood (big blind) showed [Tc Ts] and won 7290.00 with a full house, Tens full of Jacks [Ts Td Tc Js Jc]

Thank U 4 Posting

Watching replayer one street at a time

Preflop
we can raise here as we have one limper and KJoffsuit plays better head up in position than vs 4 players. We want to be able to win a pot without hitting our hand that is why we raise.

Flop
We are blocking KQ drawing hands as they are the most likely check raise draws on a rainbow board. Maybe the Villain raises 98 but they should have expected us to hit the J so they should not want to build to big a pot with 98 OOP

So the check raise leans to value not draw so what value hands check raise this board that we are ahead of? QJ J9 Q10

So we need to be thinking before we call how we will respond to a turn bet.

Turn

Why would our V think this bet size would get us to fold? So they most likely want us to call
Could this be a blocker bet?
Is this bet more likely weak or strong?
Do we want to raise turn to get value from draws?
Is this V over betting a T?
Would this V bluff river? If no does that mean we should get more value on turn?
Did the spade give our V extra equity? So a TsXs type of hand so they are blocker betting to see the river?

River
So what hands do we beat that V calls our river raise?

So our V had a set made a huge bet on flop then small please call me bets on turn and river.
In this player pool is this more common than say thin value or complex bluff?

Hope this helps
:):)

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre Flop: Ok, Limp behind is not that bad, but you could raise the limper and play against less players.

Flop: size bet ok, but after this reraise pot, I don't like this call. It's really hard opponents bluff with check raise against a lot of players on the hand. The flop was rainbow, so he didn't have flush draw.

You just had a pair and a King as kicker. It's better follow this rule: strong hands = big pots, weak hands = small pots.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise this limper pre and if he back 3 bets me I fold . I bet the flop and if he raises me I fold. when he cally your check raise and You dont improve turn check/fold. I play different vs a better player. No decent player limps the middle positions on 40+ bigs. or any position for that matter
(except sb vs bb)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands