$Freeroll NLHE MTT: CC Freeroll ; Bubble time.. Should I have called here or was the fold correct?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
correct fold, but since this is a freeroll you can pretty much do whatever you like.

real money games where the buyin is meaningful, then yeah, snappppppfolding.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy easy easy fold, if it was the person who shoved and no callers, then maybe it is a call.

Don't be results oriented.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ez fold.

Also, when posting a CC freeroll HH, it is way better to post some player reads. There's a massive difference in how alot of the players in these games play, ie. one guy might be shoving as wide as A2o+, K4s+,Q8o+, in EP while another might be folding everything but JJ+,AQs+
Also, 2nd player's range could also be dependent upon the first shover's range.

If the board came 2-4-6, 8 4 Would you be posting the hand? (< something to think about)

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for your feedback.. The reason I posted this is only for preflop decision and not necessarily on what happened after that I have not control. Also if it was a normal freeroll I probably would have called but this is CC freeroll and so would expect better players :)

Note: I believe PO and Arjon you both were in the same when this hand happened yesterday :)

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...since this is a freeroll you can pretty much do whatever you like...

Imo this is not a valid argument. If you decide to play, play seriously, try to win. Otherwise do not play at all, because you will ruin de game for others who do play seriously.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo this is not a valid argument. If you decide to play, play seriously, try to win. Otherwise do not play at all, because you will ruin de game for others who do play seriously.

what about the players who play these things for fun/enjoyment.

two sides to every coin...

oh, and i advocated folding if you care to re-read my post. But you can do whatever you like in this spot, it is a freeroll after all. if it was me, i'd be calling here, because winning this tournament would likely make no difference in my life. your situation may be different.

it's like phil ivey moving down and playing 1/2 no limit, you really think he would care if he played well in those games?

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's like phil ivey moving down and playing 1/2 no limit, you really think he would care if he played well in those games?
Depends on the circumstances. For instance, if he were playing 1/2 because he had a bug side bet going, he might care a lot.

Fwiw, Chris Ferguson says he cared when playing micros during his challenges.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap fold. Why do you want to risk a significant portion of your stack as well as a decent chip position in the tournament vs two opponents whose ranges are probably both at least a little ahead of yours, and that also contain fair numbers of hands that reduce your outs?

As for whether CC freerolls have better players than open ones, that's not the best question. On average, they do, but which players are in a given hand matters far more than the overall average ability of the field.

Folding in Poker