mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
UTG+1 has 160 hands played: VPIP 35 PFR 9 Limp 30 Post flop AGG 2 Flop C-bet 100 Turn C-bet 100 and 3-bet 10.64

I don't have a River Bet stat from him :(

Do you guys bet the river?

pokerstars - 50/100 Ante 10 NL - Holdem - 8 players

MP+1: 1,125 (11.3 bb)
CO: 5,289 (52.9 bb)
BTN: 2,215 (22.2 bb)
Hero (SB): 3,518 (35.2 bb)
BB: 3,584 (35.8 bb)
UTG: 3,614 (36.1 bb)
UTG+1: 4,178 (41.8 bb)
MP: 3,634 (36.3 bb)

8 players post ante of 10, Hero posts SB 50, BB posts 100

Pre Flop: (pot: 230) Hero has :3d4: :7d4:
fold, UTG+1 calls 100, fold, MP+1 calls 100, 2 folds, Hero calls 50, BB checks

Flop: (480, 4 players) :jd4: :kc4: :2d4:
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets 240, fold, Hero calls 240, fold

Turn: (960, 2 players) :8d4:
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 480, Hero calls 480

River: (1,920, 2 players) :8c4:
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Results: 1,920 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :jd4: :kc4: :2d4: :8d4: :8c4:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously taking the price is fine pre flop however dont sleep on the situation and not think about the BB. Not saying that is what you did but just making a point that in spots like these an aggressive BB can see dead money on the table and raise. Keep in mind BB could do this and if you believe they will be doing this often then I tend to fold hands like these in this situation.

On the flop I like check calling as you did and let the hand play out. I guess arguments can be made for raising there yet I dont know what we will get to fold other than a 2x if thats possible or just some hand that has nothing. There is value in making A9 type hands fold here but I wouldnt do it unless you know villain will fold to aggression often. I like just seeing a turn and going from there.

On the turn we hit our flush and this is a spot where it depends for me on what strength of flush that I have and villains bet tendencies as to whether I am check calling or check raising. With our flush being so small (only 7 high) I personally go the route of raising the turn. I dont want another diamond to come on the river so I am raising for value here along with charging a one diamond hand. Given that I believe villain has Kx often here and the board does not have the K of diamonds I feel I would have a strong chance of getting called when I make a raise and getting more value. If you check call here then river could be rough when a diamond comes and if does not then you will have to lead usually since villain will check behind their one pair hands (decent villains anyway).

As played on the river I dont love the board pairing but I am not too worried about a set although always possible. Villain could have a bigger flush or the boat so my thinking would be I am going to value bet somewhat small thinking I can get Kx to call but if I were to check they will check behind with it. I'd bet around 40-50% of pot and would be most likely folding to a raise.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Pretty much agree with HP300GOD. No problem in seeing a cheap flop with a suited hand, but if BB was a LAG type of player, who is going to be isolating wide, then this is so marginal, that folding would certainly also be fine.

Flop
Its a limped pot, and whenever I connect with the flop in a limped pot, I always bet out, unless my hand is so strong, I want to go for a check-raise. The problem with check-calling, as you did, is it allow someone else to take control of the hand, and you end up playing poker in this reactive way, where you are just hoping, they will do, what you want them to do.

Turn
If you had bet the flop and gotten called, then the turn would have been extremely easy, since you would just bet again, and this time for value. Now though its extremely awkward, because if you bet, its a donk bet, and its like screaming from the mountain top "hey I just made a flush". If on the other hand you check, you risk, they check behind, and maybe another diamond rolls off on the river completely killing your action and possibly giving them the best hand. Also if you check, you kind of have to just check-call, because otherwise you are almost overplaying your hand and mostly getting action from better flushes.

River
If you had taken the initiative on the flop, the river would also be extremely easy. Worse hands can still call, but if you get raised, you are either beat, or they are bluffing, and in freerolls very few people will limp preflop, call flop, call turn and then raise river as a bluff. So the way, I would have played the hand, this would be an almost trivial bet-fold for me. As played I guess, the least poor option is to continue check-calling. This time he did not bet, and thats part of the whole reason, why you want to take the initiative instead of playing in this passive way.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against this particular fish stats villain I don't mind checking back the river.
1/2 to 2/3 pot bet is fine too for polarizing.

Against a tight aggressive opponent we would want to bet the river here rather than checking.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG+1 has 160 hands played: VPIP 35 PFR 9 Limp 30 Post flop AGG 2 Flop C-bet 100 Turn C-bet 100 and 3-bet 10.64

I don't have a River Bet stat from him :(

Do you guys bet the river?

PokerStars - 50/100 Ante 10 NL - Holdem - 8 players

MP+1: 1,125 (11.3 bb)
CO: 5,289 (52.9 bb)
BTN: 2,215 (22.2 bb)
Hero (SB): 3,518 (35.2 bb)
BB: 3,584 (35.8 bb)
UTG: 3,614 (36.1 bb)
UTG+1: 4,178 (41.8 bb)
MP: 3,634 (36.3 bb)

8 players post ante of 10, Hero posts SB 50, BB posts 100

Pre Flop: (pot: 230) Hero has :3d4: :7d4:
fold, UTG+1 calls 100, fold, MP+1 calls 100, 2 folds, Hero calls 50, BB checks

Flop: (480, 4 players) :jd4: :kc4: :2d4:
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets 240, fold, Hero calls 240, fold

Turn: (960, 2 players) :8d4:
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 480, Hero calls 480

River: (1,920, 2 players) :8c4:
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Results: 1,920 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :jd4: :kc4: :2d4: :8d4: :8c4:

Thank you for posting.

1 VS UTG1 raise we would fold 73s from SB GTO ranges so we can consider folding here as the range that UTG1 limps will include hands they want to be raising. Include the other limps and we are just hoping to get lucky with 73s- 75 76 fine to call as they are ok 2 way hands but 73 is very easily dominated flush over flush.

2 As played we get the best possible scenario when UTG1 bets and only we call. We now hove much more confidence in our flush draw. WHY?

Take the time to build the UTG1 range here AKdd limps no AQdd linps no ATdd also not a limp GTO has a min raise from A3s up so stronger evidence our flush could be good.
GTO has KQs-K9s raising-QJ-Q9s T9-T8 all others folding.

Will this data represent this specific player no but it is a good baseline which means when we make a flush on the turn we can attack the V's bet with a XR and should as the V could have just the Kd and bet the turn as a fourth D is disaster for us. We also may have missed significant equity vs those KdX hands.

Hopefully the V had XdXd hand and you lost the minimum as played but if you had folded preflop your loss would have been nothing.

If you had the best hand then your study point is the turn action!

Hope this helps
:):)