$Freeroll NLHE MTT: CardsChat $300 Weekly

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are upset since you made a trivial fold with a garbage hand when you started the hand with 14.5 BBs? This will happen often but it does not mean that you should start playing garbage hands hoping to hit a flop since much more often than not you will flop nothing and then you will bleed chips. I would not even think twice about things like this.

Besides if you opened you would have been 3 bet by the Kings so would you then jam over that (since you should not be calling any 3 bet there with your stack size except maybe when you have AA and its still probably better to just jam it even then) with Q2? No you wouldnt so I am not sure what the worry here is. Fold your crap hands and if they wind up hitting the flop so what.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are upset since you made a trivial fold with a garbage hand when you started the hand with 14.5 BBs? This will happen often but it does not mean that you should start playing garbage hands hoping to hit a flop since much more often than not you will flop nothing and then you will bleed chips. I would not even think twice about things like this.

Besides if you opened you would have been 3 bet by the Kings so would you then jam over that (since you should not be calling any 3 bet there with your stack size except maybe when you have AA and its still probably better to just jam it even then) with Q2? No you wouldnt so I am not sure what the worry here is. Fold your crap hands and if they wind up hitting the flop so what.
I want to hear analize not my play but all hand participates.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to hear analize not my play but all hand participates.

Hugh bets too small post flop on both streets causing villain to call with a marginal hand which is fine until the board pairs. Once the board pairs and then there is a raise to Hugh's bet on the turn there should be warning alarms going off that I might be in trouble since Qx should not be raising in this spot. Therefore I think Hugh should have bet more on the flop trying to get more value as most of the time they will only get one call at most on a board this dry unless they are going against Qx in which case they could get two streets. Only other way to get two calls would normally be a hand that beats the one pair.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hugh bets too small post flop on both streets causing villain to call with a marginal hand which is fine until the board pairs. Once the board pairs and then there is a raise to Hugh's bet on the turn there should be warning alarms going off that I might be in trouble since Qx should not be raising in this spot. Therefore I think Hugh should have bet more on the flop trying to get more value as most of the time they will only get one call at most on a board this dry unless they are going against Qx in which case they could get two streets. Only other way to get two calls would normally be a hand that beats the one pair.

I agree with this. As played I think, KK should strongly consider folding on the river, because what really plays like this, that an overpair beat? Maybe QX, that picked up a flushdraw, would check-raise the turn, since people often get confused with that kind of hand. But when the flushdraw then miss, is he really still jamming the river, when he has top pair but perhaps not a great kicker? There are no busted draws in BBs range, which need to bluff, and on the river we dont beat anything, that jam for value. So if we think logically about the hand, I think, we can let those cowboys go.

Its not an easy fold to make, and I have certainly called in many spots like this. But if we are able to make this fold, we will gain a big edge on the field. Also seeing, that we got beat by 52s and paid off, is not exactly the greatest feeling in the world. So for a lot of people losing a hand like this after calling down can put them on tilt and start a downward spiral. Not a big issue, if you are only playing a freeroll and have very little chips left. But if you are multitabling, it can affect your performance at other tables, where you have your own money at stake.

Baluga Theorem: "You should strongly reevaluate the strength of one-pair hands in the face of a raise on the turn".

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with this. As played I think, KK should strongly consider folding on the river, because what really plays like this, that an overpair beat? Maybe QX, that picked up a flushdraw, would check-raise the turn, since people often get confused with that kind of hand. But when the flushdraw then miss, is he really still jamming the river, when he has top pair but perhaps not a great kicker? There are no busted draws in BBs range, which need to bluff, and on the river we dont beat anything, that jam for value. ...
After BB turn check-raise I would think about BB have QQ, 66 or 22, so if I saw jam on river, I would most likely fold, but on my mind, Hugh thought BB had AQ, KQ,QJ,QT or Q9, even Qx.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After BB turn check-raise I would think about BB have QQ, 66 or 22, so if I saw jam on river, I would most likely fold, but on my mind, Hugh thought BB had AQ, KQ,QJ,QT or Q9, even Qx.

Its not completely crazy to defend your big blind with some 2X hands, so we cant exclude those either. A2 alone is 8 combos, and 2Xs also makes sense, since some people will defend basically any suited hand. So there are way more 2X in BBs range than flopped sets, especially since QQ usually 3-bet preflop and flopped sets might also check-raise the flop some times especially against small sizing.

So the board pairing even with a card as low as a 2 does matter, when we are playing against big blind, and we should consider either checking the turn back for pot control or bet-fold an overpair or top pair, if the opponent suddenly wants to play for stacks, when the board has paired. Personally I might have folded 52s to a 3X raise, but overall I think, big blind played his hand just fine.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hugh made a mistake with the mini-raise. Especially on freerolls, micros i try to avoid giving cheap turns, rivers if i have over pair, 2pairs+ on a relatively good board. Exactly for this reason, that anybody can call it with any garbage and find something on turn, river, go allin on the river, i cant fold my monster pair, and basically the tourney is over for me. With a 60%+ pot bet, it would be easy fold from both players, not double up, but some stack rise without any risk.
Otherwise the BB guy is a typical loser freeroller, micro hobbist player, call 3BB preflop with 25s... (maybe with 45s it is okay) mid+ term massive loser... in this given case annoying, generally: good for us...

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
ill cbet half pot and when both players called im checking the turn and analyze

i don't have anything to improve the turn except set, im checking the turn for pot control and not ready to fold just yet

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Hello everyone, I wish everyone on today's freelance 1000 prizes are occupied