$Freeroll NLHE MTT: AQ hit top pair on the flop and get reraised??

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 14/3.5/4.5

we played 30 hands

Full Tilt - 25/50 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: 2,530.00
SB: 8,005.00
BB: 11,125.00
UTG: 1,925.00
UTG+1: 10,981.00
MP: 1,135.00
MP+1: 1,200.00
Hero (LP): 2,780.00
CO: 1,290.00

SB posts SB 25.00, BB posts BB 50.00

Pre Flop: (75.00) Hero has Ac Qs

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 150.00, fold, fold, SB calls 125.00, BB calls 100.00

Flop: (450.00, 3 players) Ad 2d 9h
SB checks, BB bets 50.00, Hero raises to 250.00, SB calls 250.00, BB raises to 450.00 ???

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow looks like BB has a big hand. Trying to massage the pot. He could have spiked a two pair or set, but in a freeroll i'd be more inclined to think he could just have a weaker ace. AJ, AT for example are both possible. If you call that raise you're playing for stacks very soon, especially if villian is aggro. I'd just jam to protect against the flush draw. If villian calls and shows two pair or a set its just UL IMO but he could often show Ax or even a flush draw like K9d or something.

G

Gunner57

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it is free roll, so early that donks are still in the game, and with his stack he could be just pushing people around I think you should shove here. The only thing I would be afraid of is looking at his stats he is not that aggressive but only 30 hands not enough to get a feel plus he could be changing things up since he is now big stack. So unless you know that this guy is not the type to do a crazy donk shove with big stack shove 70% of the time fold 30%.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah lots of people there who are nitty only until they assemble a stack, then start seeing LOTS of flops.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
wow looks like BB has a big hand. Trying to massage the pot. He could have spiked a two pair or set, but in a freeroll i'd be more inclined to think he could just have a weaker ace. AJ, AT for example are both possible. If you call that raise you're playing for stacks very soon, especially if villian is aggro. I'd just jam to protect against the flush draw. If villian calls and shows two pair or a set its just UL IMO but he could often show Ax or even a flush draw like K9d or something.
this ^ sounds about right.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Because it is free roll, so early that donks are still in the game, and with his stack he could be just pushing people around
I don't see where he's 'pushing people around'? He min donked, then 'click-raised' over HERO's raise. It really does look like 'set'... but doubt I'm folding if it's a freeroll (but it depends on what freeroll it is)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't see many freeroll players leading out with a set here regardless. I'd probably jam and expect to be called by a FD.

E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really have to call, smells like KK or AA to me though tbh.

If a person who has passive all of a sudden is leading into the pot 'trying' to fatten it up' or even entice a reraise, has the nuts imo.

Same with the ol, person raises 3-4 bb, then leads into it by just calling! its like what. - Not always is this the case though. but 80% of the time, if not more especially at micros. it is.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would someone lead into a pot three handed w/ the nuts? Or slowplay AA or KK in a FR.

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pushed all in because that was feeroll with hope that he has weak ace or any pocket pair.His luck wasn't gone and he shows 22.
But you realy can't fold this kind of hands in freerolls.People pushes all in with air for too many times.

E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would someone lead into a pot three handed w/ the nuts? Or slowplay AA or KK in a FR.

You answered the question within a question dude

Because its a freeroll, home of where the most bizarre plays happen same could be said about micro MTTs aswell.

If anything fish tend to raise alot of hands and most of the time they're garbage but when its aces, or the like they limp etc

and as it turns out he did have the nuts, its typical play from a fish.

Last edited: