BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Guys

So, in the CardsChat League (in the pokerstars home games with 3000 starting chips with 27 players, of which there were 25 left in) the other night it was just after first break and I had been on a terrible run of not hitting a thing when I get dealt AKo in late position (cutoff).

Blinds were 60/120 with 15 ante. I was sitting on about 1100 chips.

UTG folded and second (with a stack of 2400 and only a couple of positions in front of me in the leaderboard) raised 3x (360). Everyone folded to me.

What would be your play in this situation and why?

Thanks

BB

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Guys

So, in the CardsChat League (in the PokerStars home games with 3000 starting chips with 27 players, of which there were 25 left in) the other night it was just after first break and I had been on a terrible run of not hitting a thing when I get dealt AKo in late position (cutoff).

Blinds were 60/120 with 15 ante. I was sitting on about 1100 chips.

UTG folded and second (with a stack of 2400 and only a couple of positions in front of me in the leaderboard) raised 3x (360). Everyone folded to me.

What would be your play in this situation and why?

Thanks

BB

Insta jam, because you have AK with less than 10 BBs. :D

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just all-in. Like up to 25bb I wouldn't even think anything else.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone's thought is correct. You have a very strong holding with a stack that's perfect for shoving. It's an all-in.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such situations I always say to myself ''you don't have an option. you are not the person who plays now. the hand plays for its own. xD''

I shove here, even if I hold way worse hands than AK. Well I mean, the chips fly from my hand and go in, I 'm just an observer.

Just for the input. Hands that I go all in here given that my stack size is 10bb, are A10+, A9s, KJs+, any pair but I prefer 77-88 or better, sometimes I fold 22,33 sometimes I shove that too, depends on my psychology xD.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As everyone have said, this is an insta jam. You are ahead of even a tight EP opening range, and there will be dead money in the pot from the blinds and antes, unless someone else comes along as well. You probably dont have any fold equity, when your stack is this short, but that is ok, because you will have more equity when called by a wider range.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such situations I always say to myself ''you don't have an option. you are not the person who plays now. the hand plays for its own. xD''

I shove here, even if I hold way worse hands than AK. Well I mean, the chips fly from my hand and go in, I 'm just an observer.

Just for the input. Hands that I go all in here given that my stack size is 10bb, are A10+, A9s, KJs+, any pair but I prefer 77-88 or better, sometimes I fold 22,33 sometimes I shove that too, depends on my psychology xD.

Thank U 4 Responding.

Moulan what a great what to put it.

We no longer have choices -AK is to good to fold we have to go all-in.
Win or lose does not matter.

Some times hands just play themselves. Like AA preflop.

Hope this helps
:):)

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation, a call will cost you a third of your stack and without a coincidence on the flop it will be very difficult for you to survive. You have a pretty strong hand, however, there is a choice between fold and all-in. I think the all-in in this case is a more profitable strategy.