mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Should I 3 bet the turn? Or taking the passive approach is the better one?

pokerstars - 400/800 Ante 80 NL - Holdem - 9 players

BTN: 47,038 (58.8 bb)
SB: 101,843 (127.3 bb)
BB: 46,252 (57.8 bb)
UTG: 283,269 (354.1 bb)
UTG+1: 53,381 (66.7 bb)
MP: 134,889 (168.6 bb)
MP+1: 12,895 (16.1 bb)
MP+2: 98,930 (123.7 bb)
Hero (CO): 78,795 (98.5 bb)

9 players post ante of 80, SB posts 400, BB posts 800

Pre Flop: (pot: 1,920) Hero has :ad4: :5d4:
UTG calls 800, UTG+1 raises to 1,600, 3 folds, Hero calls 1,600, fold, SB calls 1,200, fold, UTG calls 800

Flop: (7,920, 4 players) :6c4: :3d4: :7d4:
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets 3,960, Hero calls 3,960, SB calls 3,960, UTG calls 3,960

Turn: (23,760, 4 players) :ks4:
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets 800, Hero calls 800, SB calls 800, UTG calls 800

River: (26,960, 4 players) :6d4:
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets 800, Hero raises to 16,222, fold, UTG calls 16,222, fold

Results: 60,204 pot (0 rake)
Final Board: :6c4: :3d4: :7d4: :ks4: :6d4:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop is fine as long as you reasonably expect blinds behind you not to be aggressive and 3 bet and also UTG will not do a limp raise play. Calling a min raise there with a hand that can be nutted is fine. Just know when you play a hand like this we are not playing it to make a pair with the ace. We are playing for the flush or a wheel straight should it come in. If you continue with just a pair (say an ace flops) it can get you in a lot of trouble especially multi way.

On the flop I think either calling or raising to take it down there/semi bluff are both fine options. It depends on how aggressive opponents are and how much they will call down. If you feel they will call down later then you dont have to raise now since they will pay you later when and if you do hit it.

Turn is an easy call since you are still only ace high but they are essentially giving you a free card so might as well take it and hope the river comes in.

We get there on the river but the board pairs. However, the way this hand played I dont think anyone played this way with two pair on the flop or turn. No one was aggressive enough with the draws out there trying to get value from/protect two pair so I would not be concerned with a boat and would think I have the effective nuts here. When we are min bet to here on the river we can treat it like we were checked to. At times players will do this to induce action from us but with the hand we have we would appreciate that at this point so I would definitely bet. You went larger than I would have in game but like your bet sizing. Surprising UTG checked river and then called your bet but Im guessing smaller flush or maybe even called with 6x there.

M

Mr_Nuisance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally think that calling on the flop and the turn are perfectly fine considering you have multiple people to act behind you. The UTG+1 player took a very strange line with this half pot bet on the flop to only betting 1BB on the turn, however considering this is a freeroll I don't expect many players to even consider their bet sizing. Having said that, I still would not have done anything other than call because if you raise and either UTG+1 or someone else shoves over top, you cant really call with a flush draw when you have 100 BB to start the hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
UTG+1 min-raised over a limp, which look pretty weak and/or fishy. For that reason I am never folding here, but I would at least consider 3-betting. If you flat, you need to be very aware, that you are playing your hand kind of like a setmine. You are trying to hit two pair or better, not just top pair with a bad kicker. Just saying this, because its a sitaution, that tend to get a lot of people into trubble. They might say, that are calling "to make the nut flush", but in reality, when they make that top pair, they are unable to let it go even in a multiway pot.

Flop
Great flop obviously, and once again the debate is only between raising or calling. You are actually slightly ahead here of any overpair other than AA, so a raise is almost for value. But it has value also to keep in dominated hands from the other players, and in a freeroll I expect people to be really bad at folding. So to some extend you can just play really straightforward and not put the chips in, until you have a hand. Although to be fair a monotone board is so obvious, that even a fish can see it.

Turn
As played I dont see any reason to get aggressive now, because you have lost a lot of equity on this card, so now you would only be happy, if everyone folds, and thats unlikely to happen in a freeroll. UTG+1 looks like, he dont like the K, so his most likely holding is 7X or 88-QQ. And while those hands did not like the K, its not like, they are going to fold either. Or at least that would not be my assumption in a freeroll.

River
Nailed the flush, and as HP300GOD say, I am not at all worried, someone has a boat here, because there is no way two pair or a set slowplay on this wet board. So for me you have the essential nuts, and I like your sizing. It is a scary card for his 7X or 88-QQ, but I still dont think, he is going to fold it even to your sizing. He will convince himself, you are bluffing, and try to act like the table sheriff. This is, what recreational players love to do, and everything about this guy scream recreational from his preflop sizing to his incredibly silly sizing on the flop and turn.