naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 75/70/33

So I'm not really close to ITM, yet I can't just wait for better spots (I mean, I can, but you know).

So Villain is beyond aggression. Yet I mean, I'm really unsure vs players like this.

Since, He/She likes to see lots of flops (Usually with a raise), I was unsure how to proceed when He/She just flats the raise preflop. What I mean to say Is that for starters (I didn't believe/think at all they had a bigger pair or could have had a bigger pair), yet their was another loose player at the table also still left to act, that had limped into the hand (prior to the action getting around to me).

So, what was I supposed to do, when the usually aggressive player just flats? Since He/She loves seeing flops (with a raise usually), yet they flatted an A.I this time rather than 3bet the tiny A.I player (Was that supposed to be my warning)?

How would you have played the hand? The only 2 options I believe I had was to either shove/fold, but calling I just figured was just an over all bad option in this situation.

poker stars No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 250/500 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB (t12,164)
BB (t24,916)
UTG (t26,148)
UTG+1 (t2,817)
MP1 (t48,495)
MP2 (t5,175)
Hero (MP3) (t7,264)
CO (t385)
Button (t14,185)

Hero's M: 9.69

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7
club.gif
, 7
diamond.gif

UTG raises t1,000, UTG+1 raises t2,767, MP1 calls t2,767, 1 fold, Hero?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
utg raise and a utg+1 3bet, this is a pretty clear fold. esp since another player calls just forget you have 7s and muck it fast

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we know that first raiser very loosely and player from mp1 i think high blind limper he can call with wide range, so this is a very good situation for squeeze, in pot very more dead money. In most of the time if we got call will be coinflip... So shove here very profitable...

Also before bubble many players in freeroll played very tight, and we have good fold equity...

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since there is alot of question which need to be answered i really do not want to get involved multiway pot with 77. Because 77 does not play good in multiway pots and i do not belive i can isolate small stack here! And furthermore isolating utg1 is a bad move overall since we increasing his opportunity to double up if we really suceed that isolation (really rare in given situation). And we really can not cal, which makes it clear fold to me imo. Note that our M is over 9 right now!

villian stats: 75/70/33 - what is the sample size? (i assume its initial betor)

how fast levels go up?

do you know anything about utg1, mp1?

is villian capable to fold slightly better holding then yours?

How other players sees you (tight, loose player)?

note utg1 is almost blinded dead, but he still choose not to go AI and still makes standard raise?

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No matter what you vpip, how quick the levels go up or how many cups of tea you have had today - just fold and forget about your 77's...............gl on rest of tourney :D:D:D

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since there is alot of question which need to be answered i really do not want to get involved multiway pot with 77. Because 77 does not play good in multiway pots and i do not belive i can isolate small stack here! And furthermore isolating utg1 is a bad move overall since we increasing his opportunity to double up if we really suceed that isolation (really rare in given situation). And we really can not cal, which makes it clear fold to me imo. Note that our M is over 9 right now!

villian stats: 75/70/33 - what is the sample size? (i assume its initial betor)

how fast levels go up?

do you know anything about utg1, mp1?

is villian capable to fold slightly better holding then yours?

How other players sees you (tight, loose player)?

note utg1 is almost blinded dead, but he still choose not to go AI and still makes standard raise?
yep agreed.

if i'm reading it correctly the 75 guy is the MP who just calls.

Horizon- we don't have fold equity in this spot, if a 70/70 guy calls 2.7k, he ain't folding very often for 5k more. The other thing is we don't have fold equity at all since one person is basically all in. What we do have is extra dead money, but it isn't dead since two players are live, one who raised UTG and the other who is nuts. 77 plays fine, but there are too many variables here, plus the fact we still have players left to act, it's just a spot where no good things can happen, i'd much prefer getting into a HU conflict with a much weaker holding, than taking this spot on.

However i understand the need to play back at a guy like this, but the key is identifying it much earlier and playing back at him much sooner, rather than allowing him to run you over at higher blind levels. (obviously might not apply to this spot, i simply don't know the circumstances)

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too much action before us i this hand. I am also leaning towards making a fold in this case. Looks a bit straight forward really. :p

Some people might just go with it just because this is a freeroll.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a super obvious fold AINEC

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a fold, you have an utg min raise and a 3bet in front of you. You need to be shoving playable hands to open late position at this point. Not shoving into 3bet pots with 14bb's.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I am fold here. Bigstack is in this and no good position.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
FOLD!

Question: what range would you consider gii here in this spot?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FOLD!

Question: what range would you consider gii here in this spot?

Are we speaking in general in this spot or vs this villain in this spot? In general vs a tight player (QQ+AK).

Vs this player 10s+but 7s was also good enough

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are we speaking in general in this spot or vs this villain in this spot? In general vs a tight player (QQ+AK).

Vs this player 10s+but 7s was also good enough

There are more than one opponent you should be concerned about.

MP1 already flat called over 1/3 of your stack, He's not folding no matter what you do at this point IMO.

77 doesn't hold up well vs 3 other opponents.

Last edited:
D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol seen 44 hold up 1 time in my life with 3 other all ins it was maybe the greatest $160 win ill see in my life

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just not a good spot to risk your chips 7s will mostly be behind and sometimes will be about 50% favorite to win so in that situation its best that we fold our hand and move on to the next hand.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In freeroll ITM in most is meaningless. Only FT or top3. I am ofc all in in this.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clear fold. To much action. A raise and a re-raise then a flat. Risking a multi-way all in and sevens might also be dominated. If you're very lucky you are flipping against 1 opponent. You can also easily fold pocket 9's here. 10's will be a dilemma but probably fold (yep it sucks). I'm shoving jacks (and hate it in this spot). Queens easy shove.

In freeroll ITM in most is meaningless. Only FT or top3. I am ofc all in in this.

Can't think like this. To get in the ''big money'' from a freeroll it won't help if you make a bad decision.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you're either crushed or you have to fade 3 or 4 overs. And you have no fold equity. all spells Fold. I wouldn't even think twice about mucking KQ, AJ, 88,99 in this spot. I'd probably jam TT+ and AQ/AK.

Rather than get involved in this spot; I'd much rather 3bet jam on the crazy guy with a mediocre hand next time he opens.