$Freeroll NLHE: In the BB & OOP - 2nd nut straight against 2/3 pot bet on river. Ra

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: In the BB & OOP - 2nd nut straight against 2/3 pot bet on river. Raise or flat?

I really don't post these kind of situations because most of the time they are obvious but I like to stay active on here so I'm posting a situation :top:

No stats on villain. I do have notes on him though & when playing from the blinds, he tends to slowplay hands a lot. The HE straight (any 9 or 9 10) & any flush beat me here, so what should I do? I'm scarrrrred :hmmmm:

Full Tilt, 600/1,200 blinds, 150 ante NL Hold'em Tourney, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BB): 24,562 (20.5 bb)
MP: 62,569 (52.1 bb)
CO: 13,768 (11.5 bb)
BTN: 8,865 (7.4 bb)
SB: 25,445 (21.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 9
spade.gif
diamond.gif

3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: (3,150) 4
club.gif
diamond.gif
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (3,150) J
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: (3,150) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets 2,150, Hero ???

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can easily be a steal, I dont think he has the flush because he didnt bet the turn, I would make a raise and if he comes over the top I would still probably call... what could he be slowplaying here? Anything worth slowplaying preflop is worthless on this board. If he does have T9 that just sucks. I hate it when nothing happens preflop to indicate strength of hand, but you cant really raise from the BB with 95o... :/

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet the flop

In terms of value it can be diminishing to your chip stack to bet the flop but I agree with this to help you see where you stand in the hand, no information preflop means we dont know where we stand in the hand. I think betting the draw would be a good idea on the flop as well just to see what SB does.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhmmm, I say no to that play but I would still like to hear your reasoning.

My two cents - limped pot, oesd, sb hasn't shown any strength. Doesn't have to be more than 1/2psb, we can still get away from the hand, but unless he paired the board, limped w a pair, or has a sd himself, it'll be hard for him to continue, esp oop. If he calls, we can also choose to check behind on the turn for a free river card.

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with salim271 don't think he hit that flush,think he woulda bet the turn if so.He could have a 5 for the lower straight but i'll put him on 8's.I would re raise him here and if he plays back just call.