Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to SB:K♦ Q♥
Sklansky group 4
Preflop: Hero raises to 100
BB raises to 300 Hero calls [200]
Potsize: 600
Flop: 7♦ J♦ K♥
BB bets [300] Hero raises to 900

Villain had been re-raising my preflop raises often and I'd played back previously but not from positon.

I'm thinking maybe it would've been better to simply call cbet rather than raise it. I dont think there are too many cards that could come on the turn that would put me off, and I think I'm pretty much committed if i call anyway. I think theres a decent chance he may attempt to bluff the turn.

(
third round 175ftp quali to miniFTOPS event #9 )

Thanks for all advice and feedback.

D

Dizzza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its cards...You never know what he might have, it can be AK, AJ, 77 or a Flush draw. So GAMBLE! :D

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the re-raise your are definitely committed. Villian seems like a maniac, so I think you might be better to shove the flop as you have top pair and a back door flush and straight draws, and like I said, your pot committed with the raise to 900.

playsuji6

playsuji6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like villan may had better hand preflop ( it means Ax or Pocket pairs) and he raised the proflop but the flop is yours and you have to play and villan has to think about you that " are you really hold worthy hand after flop" ..
but anyway your reraise is good!!

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the consensus. If you are choosing between calling and pushing, I would say push. It is possible villain has a set or two pair at this point, but you have some outs. If he has KK or AK, well, better luck next time. But, no sense in giving villain a pass at this point.

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you have to push, why you call the pf reraise and then fold if you hit top pair, that doenst make any sense at all, also your committed so really you have no choice i think